~ Chapter 29 ~

Last Chapter:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

She didn't like causing trouble for anyone and certainly not to Ryoma so she ran away from him when he turns his back on her. This time it was her turn to look for Keigo. She soon found him close by though waiting inside the car with a guard holding the door open. Good relationship or not, they still had the same dad and had to follow orders.

"Ore-sama thought you were going to give up soon enough and of course ore-sama is always right."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Third POV:

--------------------------

She witnessed him smirking at her actions and she rolled her eyes in return.

"Don't get too proud of yourself." She heard him mock her as if not believing he just heard her say that.

Even though she seemed like she was communicating normally and not at all nervous at where her destination was; in truth, she felt like she could melt from the sun's invisible rays and become some incompetent puddle only evaporate elsewhere.

She was willing to meet her worst nightmare. The one who deserted her in her time of need. The one who will only use her in case of an exigency. She was their ultimate choice and she knew it.

The only reason they want her existing was so they have a backup if her brother fucked up. It was great to see her brother grew up but she still resented him for what he did when they were young. She was the type to hold on to their grudges until death and maybe even in the afterlife if there was one.

She looked outside; watching the trees pass by in an expeditious blur. Was she really ready to meet him? The door opens and she shudders in response.

"Time to get down, imouto-chan." Keigo looked at her in amusement as she faltered her way down from the car.

The buildings mount over her like colossal giants about to swallow her up. Her mind was telling her to back out and return home; pretend that nothing ever happened but she knew she would probably regret not using this chance to finally meet her father face to face. Each step she took towards the buildings became heavier and heavier as the pressure to do well swell up in her stomach. She knew that she really didn't have to please him because he might just take her back in and by that, it means lock her back a cage and regulate everything she does.

The entrance was filled with workers staring directly at her brother and obviously her too. She could hear what they were talking about. It was a mixture of admiration, disgust, and confusion.

"That's the heir to this company? Well, this is done."

"Who the hell is the girl behind him?"

She could feel the heated stares on her back. It took her everything not to turn around and stare back. Her brother led her inside an elevator reserved only for VIP use.

"You better behave in front of father." Her brother gave her a serious look before switching back to his smug smirk.

"I'll behave how I want. Thanks for the concern." She also gave him her serious look too before switching to her angelic fake smile. 

Guess they really are related somehow... don't tell Ren I said this though.

Ding. The sound shattered the silence as they stepped off the elevator and into the long hall. Just at the end of it showed a large copper-colored door. Even if she hasn't been here she had a feeling her father was just behind that door. More nervousness rose up in her guts and she was tempted to run off again.

Her and Keigo both halt in unison. Keigo's hands' quiver and quietly knocks at the door. Ren sneaked out a tiny smile. At least she wasn't the only one nervous but she knew they were nervous for completely different reasons.

"Who is it?" A loud booming voice echo from the other room.

"Father. It's me, Keigo, with my little sister, Ren." 

"Come in." The voice replies.

And this was when she knew she couldn't back out anymore...

------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this even count as a cliffhanger? I'm sorry I haven't updated for so long. I've been too busy cuz new school and what not so this chapter might not be that good but I still wanted to update for you guys <3 

Thanks for reading and supporting this book. Sorry, my updates don't happen too often but please vote and comment your opinions.

Love Maii ^-^