(131) The Interrogation

As the school year drew closer and closer to the end, there had been a surplus of students walking in and out of the library, preparing for their respective end of term exams. As Florence, Nicolai and Xander were taking their N.E.W.T.s, they have been spending a significant amount of time having their noses up their books, Florence not only gearing up for exams, but as well as their last game for the year, which was with Hufflepuff.

Hufflepuff managed to crush Gryffindor in a 130 point lead, tying in points with Ravenclaw.

"Not to sound pretentious, Flo..." Olivia said as she slid beside Xander on the Ravenclaw table the morning after her grand victory, "But it's been awhile since Hufflepuff's got to take home that trophy. Make no mistake, I won't go easy on you."

"Oh I know that, Olivia." Florence replied sweetly, "I'll be just as ruthless on you too. I'll have my nails spick and span for when I carry that trophy back to Professor Flitwick's office."

"This is entertaining..." Nicolai leaned back, grinning. "I can't wait to see this."

"Shut up, Nic." Xander chastised, "Anyway, I heard from Hermione that we'll have practice again tonight." he said, plucking his protean coin from his pocket, "Have you lot been checking yours?"

"You aren't supposed to be carrying that around with you, you twat." Nicolai scoffed, slapping his hand away, "With what several educational decrees put up by Umbridge, you would think it to be smart to not carry that around."

"Nic's right, Xan." Florence said, leaning closer, "I heard she's been suspicious that there's something happening under her nose for the past few days. She's been asking her Inquisitorial squad to keep an eye out."

"And," Nic quipped in, "Michael Corner told me he was brought in her office for questioning a few days ago."

"For questioning?" Florence repeated, "Did you tell Harry or the others about it?"

"Uh, no."

"Why not?"

"Well it didn't come up until now. It was the least of my concerns. I quite know Michael, and he doesn't seem like he's one to snitch."

"It's not about him snitching. Harry should know if she's been pulling people in for questioning, so others will be able to prepare—"

"Attention," a distinct shrill voice came from the teacher's table, everyone turning to find the pink cladded woman up from her seat, her wand brought up to her mouth, "If Florence Price would so kindly meet me in my office in five minutes, thank you."

"Well, fuck." Florence exhaled, getting up rather hesitantly from her seat, turning to Nicolai, "Tell Harry and the others about it. Before she gets to the others."

She felt a few pairs of eyes trail her as she walked, to be followed two people walking alongside her.

"What could Umbridge possibly want, love?" Fred asked urgently, "Is something the matter?"

"Honestly? I don't know. But I'll tell you when I do." she said swiftly, "Go back to lunch. I'm sure she wouldn't want me bringing company."

The two complied hesitantly, letting her go up towards the office herself.

Umbridge's office was as pink as she remembered it to be, her walls almost cladded entirely in portraits of cats. She found one that looked exactly like Miss Mimsy, her disdain for cats increasing by the minute.

"Ah, Miss Price, come in. Please, do take a seat." she smiled kindly, gesturing to one of her cushioned seats. Florence closed the door behind her, before striding over to take a seat. "If you don't mind me asking, Professor, why am I here?"