(1) Empty Threats & Honeydukes

King's Cross station was definitely swarming with people by the time they had arrived, the three teenagers pushing their carts past muggles rushing off to wherever their destination was. Jane Price was struggling to keep up, immediately regretting her decision of volunteering to take her daughter and her friends to board the Hogwarts Express as she smoothened out her Ministry uniform.

"Florence, dear, will you slow down? My old legs can't keep up at this pace!" the older witch called out as she desperately semi-ran in her working heels.

"Mum, the train's leaving in about ten minutes!" protested Florence, who did not slow down at all, but ran faster as she spotted the barrier between platforms nine and ten.

The older woman—who was now trying to catch her breath —was relieved as the three had stopped in front of the barrier, Nicolai Clearwater and Alexander Haddlowe thanking Mrs. Price for letting them sleepover during the past few nights.

"It helped, you know. Not hearing Penelope and mum argue about Percy Weasley and their whole clan of redheads for one day." Nicolai told her friend's mum, who smiled in amusement.

"Oh you two know that you two are most welcome in our house anytime you please." she smiled at the two, Florence snorting from where she stood leaning against the barrier, "You overstayed your welcome, Clearwater."

"Florence." Mrs. Price chastised, only to be interrupted.

"You ate my jam!" She pointed a finger at her half accusingly, making the brunette feign a gasp.

"Alexander ate half the jar too!" Nicolai revealed.

"I did not! She ate it all with a spoon while you were sleeping."

"And you just sat around and watched her murder my jam?!"

"Children," Mrs. Price cut off hastily as their pointless bickering grew even more pointless, "You three have a train to catch. Wouldn't want to stay here and bicker about Florence's jam, would you?"

"I don't know, mum," began Florence, tapping a finger on her chin, "We could be at it for the whole day. A whole day bicker-fest, wouldn't that be cool?"

"Super cool." agreed Nicolai with a somewhat convincing nod, "Better than boring train rides." said Alexander with a bright smile.

"Oh come off of it, you three. The train awaits!"

"Alright, alright woman. I'll see you at Christmas break."

"Don't you woman me."

"Sorry mum. I love you." Florence placed a quick kiss on her mother's cheek.

"One more thing." the older woman reminded, making sure that she had grabbed the three's attention, "I got on a word from some of my colleagues. There are going to be Dementors guarding the castle grounds. When you see one, don't go near them, or try anything at all, you understand?"

The three nodded.

"And you stay on castle grounds. Sirius Black wouldn't be much of a threat inside the castle."

"Goodbye, Mrs. Price." The other two chorused before they all ran in to the barrier that had transported them into Platform nine and three quarters, where the big scarlet and black Hogwarts Express steam train awaited them. They had managed to get their baggage settled in.