(96) Creatures of the Curtains

Breakfast the next morning was less awkward for Florence, now mentally praising herself for deciding to head to bed that night. Although the twins did stop by her room just before daybreak, to tell her about the things that they were told. But considering how early they had reported back, Florence could barely remember it anymore, as she was half asleep as they rambled on. Fred and George, this time, had carried the platter of sunny side ups to the table with their own hands, along with drinking glass for the pumpkin juice and milk.

She looked around the table, noticing the seat beside Sloan was vacant, "Where's Julien?" she asked, considering it was still very early in the morning. He couldn't have gone to training without breakfast.

"He went off at about four a.m. His superior called him in early since apparently, he clocked out an hour early last night." Sloan explained, "Now he knows what happens when he doesn't follow with the timeframe."

"Poor dear," said Molly, who had finally settled down to eat, "Did he atleast have anything before he left?"

"Couldn't eat breakfast on the table. But I packed him some sandwiches. Hopefully he eats some before doing anything strenuous, or he might pass out."

"Alanna mentioned that he took his final year exams last summer," Florence brought up, "And this year's his second year in Auror training. When did he have time to do his first year of training?"

"Started the first half of it on the first summer he was of age, then the other half last summer along with his studies." said Sloan, "Which wasn't easy, by the way. Beauxbatons exams can be a bloody bitc—" Molly shot him a look from across the table,
"I mean, it can be a bit hard."

"By the way," Jane piped up, downing a glass of pumpkin juice before she had spoken again, "Florence and I will be returning home to Cambridge in three days time."

"What?" Sloan, Sirius, Remus and Molly said together, looking at Jane dubiously, "But why?" Sirius asked.

"Well, its only a few weeks until school. She needs to see her friends or they'll be quite suspicious."

"And I promised Nicolai and Xander that we would have a sleepover before school." Florence added in, making Fred pout, "But what about our nightly sleepovers here—?"

Sirius gave him a look.

"—not that you visit out room every night. No."

"Will Julien and I be welcomed to visit if ever we feel like it?" asked Sloan, the question directed mainly to Jane, who smiled slightly in response. "Ofcourse, Sloan. After all, it was your home once upon a time."

"But Jane, dear, what about the—" she paused, "Problems, yes, the problems that we've talked about in the meetings?" Molly said, "If you take Florence home she will no longer be in the close range of proximity which will make it harder to protect her if ever something happens."

"Don't worry, Molly, I've asked Alastor to set up anti apparation wards within the grounds of the manors. The house elves, too, I'm sure, will be of great help in protecting Florence while I'm at work."

The mention of house elves couldn't help but catch Hermione's attention, who politely inserted herself into the conversation almost promptly after the elves were brought in to light, "Yes, Emmy's told me that the Price Manor houses about fifteen other elves apart from herself," he eyes were criticizing and questioning, Ron groaning beside her, "How come you have that many?"

Jane chuckled, apparently she, too, had caught wind of her infamous Elfish Welfare movement, and looked very keen on the subject, "You see dear, they aren't all under the name of the Prices. Matter of fact, only Emmy and another one named Lillie are the Family's house elves. The others are, well, they come and go as they please."