Chapter 28

Madisons POV

~ Skip to Day after Thanksgiving~

Thanksgiving is finally over. Thank The Lord. My mom came home about 1 week ago and the snow has fully melted. Matt is still staying here, and he's been really distant lately. I don't even know if were dating anymore. Anyway back to reality.

I ran downstairs to eat some breakfast. Once I got there I noticed Fiona, Hayes, and Nash in my kitchen and everyone else.

" What's going on?" I asked while grabbing a banana. Everyone looked at me and smiled.

" Were going to the park, shop, and then were buying a Christmas tree!" Hayes squealed like a little girl. I laughed and ate my banana. Once I was done, we were ready to go. I looked at my clock. It was 10:29am. We hopped in the car and drove to the park. I brought a picnic blanket while Nash brought the food. We all sat down, and began eating. We were having a great time when a girl came over to us. She smiled at Matt and kissed his cheek. I akwardly coughed.

" Oh yeah. This is my girlfriend Talia. I hope you don't mind if she spends the day with us". Matt said and kissed her. My heart broke into 2 when Matt said girlfriend. I guess were not dating anymore. I nodded and Talia looked at me. She looked oddly familiar. Once I looked at her closely a light went off in my head.

Talia was the girl on twitter. The one who was making my life horrible. She and Matt have pictures of them kissing and flirting. I can't believe I let Matt play me like this. I felt tears brewing but I wiped them away. Talia was pretty beautiful. She had LONG blonde pin straight hair that every girl dreams of having along with the sky blue eyes. She had freckles and her teeth were perfect. She was wearing a lot of makeup. Fake. I already hate her.

We were all done with the park, and we were off to go shopping. When we got there, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around I noticed it was Talia.

" What do you want?" I asked and she scoffed at me. I rolled my eyes an began walking into the mall. Once we reached our first store, I felt someone tap my shoulder. Again. I turned around and my brown eyes met Talias blue ones.

" You're so stupid. How could you believe for 1 second that Matt ever liked you? You're not even pretty. You have so many flaws it's hilarious. Matt even said he never liked you. It was all just an act. You were his cover up for me. Yeah that's right, he never liked you and never will"! She whispered sharply and I grew really angry. I felt the need to slap her across the face, and I did. I slapped her so hard and she gasped. She pulled my hair and I fell to the floor.

" Matt! Help! She hurt me!" I heard her yell as she ran to Matt. I got up and fixed my hair. Matt stormed over to me, and looked furious.

" WHY DID YOU SLAP HER? You ha no right to touch her. She's MY girlfriend and I love her. Don't ever lay a finger on her again or you'll pay, got it?" He angrily said and pulled Talia to his side. I rolled my eyes and walked away flipping the finger. I walked and walked. I came to the exit and sat at a bench. She's such a bad word. I shut my eyes and fell asleep.

" Madison.. Get up were leaving". I heard someone say and tapped my shoulder. It was Nash. I put my arms out signiling I wanted him to pick me up. He laughed a lifted me up. I put my head in his neck and smelt his lovely smell of cologne. I smiled and wrapped my arms around him tightly. We got in the car, and drove to the Tree place.

" What about this one". Fiona pointed and I shook my head.

" It's too big for my house, my mom would hate me". I laughed and so did she. I looked around alittle more and became bored. I hate looking at trees. After about an hour, I found the perfect one. We cut it down, and put it on the top of the car. We wrapped it up, and got on the car. We drove home and took the tree down. Once it was done, Nash brought it in the house. He set I down in the right spot.

" It looks nice" Mackenzie complimented. I nodded and sat down. I looked over to Talia and Matt ,who were on the couch snuggling. I hate them so much. Matt got up to go to the bathroom when Talia came over to me.

" Ugly". She scoffed as she got up and bumped me on her way. That was it, I'm done. I got up and pushed her but she didn't fall. " DONT TOUCH ME"! She yelled and ran her hand threw her hair. I crossed my arms, and looked at her. Matt suddenly came to save the day, and wrapped his arms around Talia.

" Are you okay babe?" He asked and she sniffled and shook her head. I looked over to at everyone and they were all shocked, but didn't say a word.

" Why do you always do this? She hasn't done anything to you! What if i did that to your boyfriend huh? I don't think you would like it. She's my girlfriend and doesn't deserve what you're doing to her. Look at her, she's crying! You made an innocent girl cry!" He yelled and I finally was done.

" Why do I always do this?" I asked laughing. " She's done plenty to me that you don't know because you're so love struck. You think she's so innocent but she's so not! She does deserve this, she's horrible. She's not even crying! It's so fake. I know what you told her. I actually thought you loved me, but I guess I was just a cover up". I yelled back and started crying at the last part. I looked at Matt and he didn't show any emotion, but suddenly he laughed.

" You're so fake". He whispered and took Talias hand and walked out of the door. I still stood there still as a rock. All of a sudden I broke down. I kept crying and crying. No one dared to touch me because they knew I would snap. But, Nash didn't care. He wrapped his arms around my waist and picked me up. I burried my head in his neck and sobbed. He stroked my hair, and it finally calmed me down. He put me down and started talking.

" Are you okay?" He asked and I looked away. He sighed and kissed my cheek.

" I'm always here for you, I love you". He whispered and went outside. I smiled to myself, and everyone trampled me with questions and hugs. We all talked and talked and talked. I felt my pocket buzzed and immediately answered it. It was Matt. What does he want?

Me: What do you want now?

Matt: Madison, I'm sorry I really am. Please come help me. I'm hurt really badly. I'm at the abandoned park 2 blocks away from your house. Hurry please.

That's all I heard until he hung up. I knew he wasn't lying because he was crying and I could tell he was seriously hurt. Before I could tell anyone anything, I put my coat on, grabbed my phone and ran to where he was.

After 2 minutes, I saw a tiny blob by a tree. As I got closer I noticed Matts limp body. I ran faster to him and once I got there he looked horrible.

" Matt, oh my god. What happened?" I asked and looked over him. He had cuts and bruises all over his body. His head was cut open, and bleeding really badly. He looked broken and helpless. I immedialtely called 911. While they were on the way, I sat next to Matt. I kissed his cheek, and waited.

About 10 minutes later, the ambulance came. They took Matt, and wouldn't let me go because his condition was bad. Once they were gone, I ran home to tell everyone.