Chapter 17

Madison's POV

It's Fridayyy! Hallelujah! I just got home from school. Today, Nash, Fiona, Hayes, Lilianna, Mackenzie, and I are having a bonfire. Fiona decided to come over, untill we had to leave for the bonfire. We walked into the house, my parents weren't home, and Lilianna was on the couch on online schooling.

" Hey Lilianna!" Fiona yelled waving. Lilianna looked up, smiled, and shut her laptop.

" Hey Fifi!" She yelled running into Fiona's arms. It was a total failure. Fiona didn't even try to catch Lilianna. They fell, and I just rolled my eyes. I walked to the fridge, and grabbed 3 juice boxes. I threw one each to Lilianna and Fiona.

It was now about 4:45. We were all sitting on the couch, playing Life, when Mackenzie walked in. She had the biggest smile on her face.

" What's up with you?" I asked smirking. She shook her head, and skipped up to her room. Well alrighty then. Just as we finished I felt a buzz in my pockets. It was a text message. From Matt. I groaned and opened it.

(Me:🎀 Matt:😊)

😊: Hey. I know you probably hate me, and I know you probably never want to talk to me EVER again. But, I just want to tell you, I love you. I didn't mean anything I said. I'm sorry I told you I wants coming come.. It's just, I was planning to come without you knowing. Surprise. I love you. Never forget that.

I shut my phone off. Without a text message. I felt a tear slide down my cheek. I just ruined my relationship. He was supposed to surprise me. And what a girlfriend I am, I just assumed things. I felt a pair of arms around me, but didn't bother looking up. What's the use? A hugs not going to fix anything. I ran into my room and cried. Soon enough, I felt my eyes droop. And soon enough, I was sound a sleep.

" GET UP LOSER! WERE LEAVING!" I heard a fimiliar voice yell In my ear. Hayes. I was so not dealing with him today. I shot right up, and slapped him across the face.

" Shut up". I said harshly, and he backed away and put his hands up in surrender. I quickly packed some things, redid my hair, and brushed my hair. I threw on sweats, and a sweatshirt. I ran downstairs, and stared at Hayes. I rolled my eyes, and he laughed. We headed In the car and off we went!

When we arrived, we grabbed all the chairs, and bags we needed. We walked the path, into the woodsy area. When we got there, I set up my chair next to Mackenzie and Hayes. I only sat next to Hayes, because Fiona was sitting on his lap.😂👏. Nash started the fire and we all started talking.

" So how are you and Jack?" I asked Mackenzie. She blushed and shrugged.

" Were good! He's been sending me letters in the mail, every week. We ALWAYS FaceTime, text and call each other. I think he's visiting soon!" She laughed and I laughed with her. I turned to Hayes and Fiona, and asked how they were.

" Amazing!" They both said in sync, and then kissed. I sighed. That could be Matt and I, be he playing.. We all talked about stupid things. Such as, boyfriends, girlfriends, school, sports, and vine. I looked at my watch, and yawned. 8:36. I sighed and shifted in my seat.

Ring! I was having such a good time laughing, I didn't even relize my phone started ringing, until Hayes poked me, and pointed to my phone. I looked at the caller ID. Matts mom? What the? I answered it almost immediately. All I could hear on the other line was crying.

" Mrs. Espinosa, what is it? Are you okay? Why are you calling me?" I asked trying to calm her down. I looked at everyone, and they all looked really confused.

" Matts mom?" Hayes asked, and Fiona and Mackenzie both slapped his arm and told him to shut up. I walked away a little to hear what she was saying.

" Madison?" She asked

" Yes?" I asked.

" Something horrible happened". She cried.

" What is it?"

" Matt. He was coming to visit you, he left a little while ago. About 10 minutes ago, I got a call from the cops. He hit into another car and their car flipped over. He was with Carter and Jack G, they were okay, but Matt isn't. They brought him to the hospital that's by you. I don't think he's going to make it Madison. All I could hear him saying was, " Tell Madison I love her, and I'm sorry". She spat out.

I stood there. In shock. I dropped my phone, I didn't even care if it cracked. I stared into nowhere. I finally broke down. I fell to the floor, sobbing. Everyone ran up to me, and all I could ask was to take me to the hospital. I needed to see Matt. Now.