Chapter 18 Part 1

Madison's POV

The whole car ride was silent. I attempted to tell everyone what happened, and they soon caught on. No one dared to say a word. If they did, everyone would start crying.

After about 20 minutes, we arrived at the hospital. Everyone hopped out of the car, but I stayed in. Nash looked back at me, and picked me up. He carried me into the hospital, since my legs were to weak to carry me. We slowly walked in, and headed to the front desk.

" Were here for Matthew Espinosa". Mackenzie managed to spit out before she started crying a little. The old lady at the front desk, and sighed. She looked at her clipboard.

" I'm sorry, he's in surgery right now. You probably won't be able to see him until tomorrow afternoon". She sadly said, and looked at all of us.

" What about Carter Reynolds, and Jack Gilinsky? They were involved in the accident". Hayes whispered. The lady pointed to the waiting room. There sat Carter and Jack. We all said thank you, and made our way over to them. They looked up, and immediately hugged us. I didn't hug back. Like I said before, what's a hug going to do? Lilianna and Mackenzie went up to Carter and Jack, and didn't let go. I couldn't watch them. It reminded me too much of Matt.

7 hours. It's been 7 hours since we have been in the hospital, and it is now, 5:30. I woke up, and I was leaning on Fiona's shoulder. I looked up, and Fiona and Hayes, were on their phones cuddling. Mackenzie and Jack were sleeping. Lilianna and Carter were reading magazines. Nash was on twitter. I sighed and made my way over to Nash. I looked at him and started crying.

" Nash, I'm scared". I whispered, trying not to wake anyone up. He looked up, and I could tell he was crying. I sat on his lap, and cried into his shoulder.

" It's okay Madison, he will be fine. He's strong!" He whispered but nothing helped. I just kept crying, to the point where I fell asleep.

I woke up, to a mans voice. It was a doctor.

" Are you friends or family of Matt Espinosa?" He asked waking us all up alittle. We all stood up. He looked at his clipboard then us.

" Well we did surgery on him. It went okay. He still hasn't gotten up. We might do another surgery, but it's life or death. He's in critical condition. We don't know how much time he has left. If he doesn't get up in 72 hours, we will have to pronounce him dead.." He told us. We all looked at each other. I finally spoke up.

" Can we see him?" I asked. He sighed and nodded.

" Only 2 at a time". He said and left us. I looked around, Nash decided to got with me. Fiona with Hayes, Mackenzie with Jack, and Lilianna and Carter. Nash wrapped his arms around my shoulder, and we said bye to the rest of the guys. We walked into the elevator in silence. We stopped at the 5th floor. We slowly walked to his room. I opened the door, quietly, and we walked in.

I couldn't help but start to cry, when I saw Matt. He looked so helpless, and lifeless. We made our way over and saw a nurse. She looked at us, and smiled weakly.

" Sorry. I'll be out of your way in a minute. I was just fixing his IV. Press this button if you need anything". She told us, pointing to a button on the wall. We nodded and she left. I sat down, on the right of Matt, and Nash sat on the left. I grabbed his hand and just held it. I didn't want to let go. I suddenly felt guilty. What if I just answered Matts text. He would still probably be alive. It's all my fault.

We've been sitting here for 30 minutes. We silently prayed, and talked to him. But, he didn't move a muscle. I slowly started to give up. What's the use? I kissed his cheek, and sat back down.

" I love you so much Matt". I whispered and suddenly, I felt his grip on my hand grow tighter. I looked at him, and his lips started moving.

" I love you too Madison". He choked out, so quietly, and I looked at Nash, who was already pressing the button. Soon enough, 5-10 nurses barged in the room, all smiling. Matt opened his eyes slowly, and tried to smile when he saw me. The nurses told us we had to leave, so they could do bloodwork and other stuff like that.

Once we got out, I looked at Nash. He smiled and hugged me. We stood there, hugging like idiots. We made our way downstairs, to tell everyone. Once we got into the waiting room, everyone stood up.

" How is he?" Jack asked looking alittle scared. I slightly smiled.

" He's awake". I whispered and they all smiled. Finally. He's awake.