"You can't do this." I close my eyes. Seeing him in this state broke a part of me. He had always been my weakness. I felt my eyes sting as tears welled up in it. I looked up to the ceiling, trying my best to prevent my tears from falling.

"You can't do this to me." I let out, shakily.

"Red, I fucked up." His hands now on both my arms as he stared down at me. I could tell how broken he was just by the emptiness of his eyes. "But I promise you, things will be different now." His hands trail up my skin and I shiver against his touch. It felt wrong.

"Luca," I place a hand on his chest, wanting to push him away but before I could, he leans in.

"Please, Red." The desperation in his voice almost undoes me and I shut my eyes, trying to gather my thoughts. He cups my cheeks with his hands, resting his forehead on mine and then I feel it. The light brush of his lips against my own and everything in my jolts.

"You did more than just fuck up." I pushed against his chest and he stumbles back, not because of the strength of my push but because he wasn't expecting it. But I couldn't do this. I didn't want him kissing me, touching me. I didn't want him anymore. I could barely recognise him.

He was close to maniacal. One day he wanted to hurt me and now he wants me back?

"She's attached now anyway." Lina peeped from the couch.

My eyes dart to meet hers. I almost forgot she was here. I knew she probably couldn't stand the thought of him touching me either but it felt like the lifeline she threw my way would be the reason I'd drown. With the way she's glaring at me, I knew that she wanted me to go along with it just so that Luca would leave.

"Yes." I almost choke on the lump in my throat. There was a dull pain that lingered at the back of my throat as I tried holding back my tears.

Luca and I dated for years, ever since junior year of high school. He was my first everything. He got me out of my little introverted shell and made me live my best life. I truly loved him. But this wasn't him. This Luca standing in front of me was someone I didn't know. He had changed so drastically.

"W-what?" I could tell that that simple word shot through his heart like a bullet, shattering everything within him.

We had just broken up a few months ago. Finding out that I moved on from him would've been heartbreaking.

"Who is it?" He asked, his tone dropping.

I shook my head, my lips back to being sealed as I tried to take in the drastic shift in his demeanour.

"We've only been apart for, what? 3 months? And you've found someone else?" Disbelief seeps into the cracks of his voice. He rakes both his hands through his hair, tugging at the strands as he walks back towards me.

"Tell me his name!" He yelled, hitting the wall next to him. I flinched back as I studied the insanity that filled his eyes once again.

Just at that moment, I hear the door behind me open. Half of me sighs in relief, the other half panics.

"Red?" The voice called out from behind. I keep my eyes on Luca, my mouth failing me miserably.

"Is everything okay?" Archer looked at me, coming closer. As he approached me, he noticed Luca's presence.

His hand encircles my arm instantly, tugging me until he stood between Luca and me. "What the hell are you doing here?" A muscle flexes in his jaw as he faced Luca.

The both of them were of similar but Archer was taller, slightly broader and I've never been so thankful for the age difference. I wondered just how much older he was but that thought flies straight out of my head when I hear Luca's voice.

"So this is him, huh?" He scoffed as he glances at me.

I didn't know what to say. If I said yes, I'll be dragging Archer into this mess but even if I said no, he wouldn't believe me. Not when Archer back was pressed against my front in a protective stance.

"You know you're going to regret this, right?" His eyes remained glued to mine as his face remained stoic.

"That's enough." Archer let out, low and stern.

"Just wait, you'll see." His voice dripped with threat as he pointed towards me, ignoring Archer.

Getting upset, Archer approached Luca, yanking him by the collar of his shirt. "You will not speak to her that way. Understand?" He lets out through gritted teeth.

I didn't want this situation to escalate and so I finally opened my mouth that I had deemed useless just moments ago. "You need to leave, Luca."

Luca glances at me then back at Archer. He shoves against Archer, pulling away from his grip. He walks towards the door, all while Archer shadowed him, making sure he didn't get close to me.

As soon as he stepped outside of the apartment, Archer slams the door shut and I could finally breathe again.

"Are you okay?" Archer turned around to look at me, his hands on my waist as he stared down at me.

His eyes scanning my entire body, making sure that I was fine.

That can't be it. Something's isn't right. Luca's never been this hostile before. He's going to come back.

"Red!" His hands cup my cheeks and its warmth radiates through my body, dragging me back to reality where my thoughts and paranoia no longer pestered me.

"Why aren't you speaking?" He looks at me, tensed as worry engulfed him. "Are you hurt?"

"Sorry." I breathed out. I was still trying to understand what had just taken place. "He didn't hurt me," I say even though it was not all that true. There was a dull ache in me that I couldn't quite figure out.

I hadn't realised that I was shaking until Archer pulled me into his embrace. "Hey, you're okay."

He pressed me to his chest where the sound of his heart thumping rhythmically slowly made its way to my ears. It calmed me down and I felt every tense nerve in my body ease.

"Thank you," I whispered into his chest. He rubbed soothing circles on my back, his other hand curled around the nape of my neck, holding me in place. We stayed that way for a moment and I don't pull away until the silence around us hung too heavy.

We still haven't addressed what happened the night before.

I pulled away, eyes focused on the tips of my shoes, not daring to meet his gaze. "I should—"

"Can we talk, please?"