Chapter 44 - Nationals

Začít od začátku

"No. I've changed my mind. We're going back to what got us here- original songs sung by the entire club. We're a team, and we're best when we work as one," Mr. Schue said. "You're going to lose," Jesse said. "Whatever we do, we're gonna do it together," Mr. Schue said. "Actually, Santana, you sounded pretty good," Kurt whispered. "Thanks. You guys were all pretty dope too. Even Rachel," Santana said. "I wish I could sound like you do, Santana. How do you get that raspiness? So nice," Rachel asked. "I smoke cigars," Santana shrugged. "Time to get to work. I want two hit songs by the time the wheels touch down at JFK," Mr. Schue grinned as the Glee Club began to work on two new songs. I wasn't as interested as the rest of the club was in winning Nationals. The only thing that mattered to me was getting to see Beth again. Winning Nationals was the furthest thing from my mind.

That weekend we headed to Port Columbus International Airport to fly to New York. It was the first time I had been on a plane headed for a major city outside of Ohio. Sure, Cheerios competitions were usually held close by but going to New York almost felt like a dream. I sat with Brittany and Santana on the flight since the rest of my relationships had been in shambles. "This is so awesome," Brittany grinned as Santana nodded. "Mhmm. I'm glad we're going to New York," Santana agreed. I just smiled. "Quinn, you haven't been yourself since Prom. Are you okay?" Brittany frowned asking me as I shrugged. "I will be," I smiled as I looked out the window. Yes. This had been the moment I had been waiting for. The moment I would see Beth.

The first day we were waiting outside for Mr. Schue who would check us in when Brittany rushed over to us in the Glee Club. "A year and a half ago the New Directions were nothing but a group of six misfits stumbling their way through a horrific rendition of "Sit Down, You're Rockin' the Boat". Now here we are at the top of the show choir heap. Nationals!" Kurt grinned. "I want to hit up Central Park, get my frolic on," Tina grinned. "I want to throw stuff off the Brooklyn Bridge," Puck smirked. "Guys, hold on. I mean, we still have two songs to write," Finn said. "Okay, Mr. Bossy Pants. But I think we have some time for a tune before we leave," Kurt grinned as he started to sing 'New York, New York'.

Brittany ran up to us excitedly "Guys, you're never going to believe this! I got us all 13 tickets to Broadway's longest-running show ever - Cats!" Brittany grinned. "You might want to check the dates on those tickets, Brittany because Cats closed about 11 years ago," I said as Brittany frowned. "No wonder they were so cheap. He charged my credit card by swiping it through his butt crack," Brittany said as we all looked at her. "And you didn't see anything wrong with that Britt?" Santana asked. "I just thought that's how they charge credit cards in New York," Brittany shrugged.

Mr. Schue then walked over to us. "Okay guys I'm going to get us all checked in to the hotel. We can have plenty of time to sightsee later. Let's go," Mr. Schue said as we all grabbed our things and checked into the hotel. We found out that we would be on the 7th floor as I walked with Mercedes and Tina. "So what are these big plans you've been talking about Miss Quinn?" Mercedes smiled. "Yeah we've been dying to know," Tina agreed. "Can you guys keep a secret?" I asked. "Of course," Mercedes said as Tina nodded to agree. "Okay. A few months ago I wrote to Shelby," I said as Mercedes and Tina looked shocked. "Shelby as in Miss Corcoran Shelby as in the woman who adopted Beth?" Mercedes said as I nodded. "I asked her if we made nationals if I could see Beth and she said I could," I smiled a bit. "Quinn, that's amazing," Tina grinned as she and Mercedes hugged me. "Thanks you guys. I just need to find a way to go out and head to Shelby's," I said. Mercedes and Tina looked at each other. "We've got you covered," Mercedes smiled. "Totally," Tina agreed. "Thanks," I smiled a bit as I walked off. Things were certainly turning around for me in New York.

We all entered the hotel room for our first meeting in New York. "Alright, guys. This is your time. Now, you are all on lockdown till you finish writing our songs for nationals. I want at least two solid verses by the time I get back," Mr. Schue said as we all looked at him bewildered. "Aren't you gonna help us?" Tina asked. "I, um- I will be back and read your amazing creations and give notes. But right now I have to head to the theater to, uh, fill out some paperwork," Mr. Schue said unconvincingly as he left the room.