Road Trip {Pt. 5}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Leslie's Point of View~

" MATCH ONE OF THE SEMIFINALS IS ABOUT TO BEGIN! "

Tyler was up in the announcer stand, talking into his duct tape-covered microphone. Well, it was kind of a slightly-quiet yell, but the microphone blared his words through the speakers like he was a WWE announcer. "IN THE NORTHEAST CORNER, WE HAVE MICHAEL KAHALE, SON OF VENUS, CENTURION OF THE FIRST COHORT, AND HAILING FROM HILO, HAWAII!" A boy with tan skin and muscular arms strode onto the colosseum floor, and waved at Tyler. Tyler seemed to swoon a bit and wave back, before turning back to his microphone. "AND IN THE SOUTHWEST CORNER, CLAIRE WHITLOCK, DAUGHTER OF APOLLO, PROBATIO OF THE FIFTH COHORT, AND HAILING FROM NORMAN, OKLAHOMA!"

The Qualifying matches had concluded a while ago, which had knocked out Amelia, Leo, me, Ellie, and (surprisingly) Annabeth. Well, I actually was doing well until I got tired of fighting, and yelled "FUCK IT!" while swinging my hammer at my opponent's head. (I got disqualified for that, oopsie) Annabeth went against Michael, actually, and only lost because he used amokinesis to distract her, which in turn pissed off Percy. Amelia fought a girl named Gwendolyn, Leo got suckerpunched, and Ellie got beaten so Sam decided sit by her and cheer her up until his turn. But back to the match, okay?

Oh, look at that, Claire has her sword out now. While Joe is cheering her on, Michael brandishes an axe, and charges. Boom, clank, fight! Wait, now Mike is raising his hand, he better fuckin' not- Claire is now staring at him like he's the cutest puppy in the world. "YOU ASSHOLE, YOU USED AMOKINESIS ON HER!" I shouted, getting his attention and the judge's attention, that being Janus (for some odd reason). Joe, who was sitting near me, gave Mike the you-have-eternally-pissed-me-off-so-you-can-go-die look. Luckily though, Claire snapped out of it, and tackled Michael- Wait, she did? THAT'S MY GIRL! Anyways, now they're tumbling, tumbling, oh, she's got him pinned to the ground. I gasped. "She remembered the judo moves I taught her! I'm so proud!"

"MATCH COMPLETE! MICHAEL KAHALE HAS BEEN DISQUALIFIED FOR REPEATED USE OF AMOKINESIS, AND HE GOT THE SHIT BEAT OUTTA HIM ANYWAY! THE WINNER IS CLAIRE WHITLOCK!"

The arena erupted in cheering, and Claire sheepishly climbed off Michael and took a bow. Up in the announcer stand, Tyler got smacked on the back of the head by Amelia for swearing. I laughed at that one, hey, it was funny, okay? I glanced at the enchanted tournament board, which was displayed like a football scoreboard on the other side of the colosseum. Up next was Reyna and Frank, eh? Sounds like a fun match, though Reyna's probably gonna win. After that, I could see Percy and Jason as one match, and Stella and Nico as another. Wow, I might need some popcorn for those ones!

"MATCH TWO OF THE SEMIFINALS IS NOW STARTING!"

Welp, this'll be fun. "How'd I do, Thugisa?" Claire sat down next to me, with Joe following her. Michael was nearby, as well, with a funny look on his face. "You kicked ass, Makoto! And you used those judo moves for me! But I think your boyfriend wants a little something, so you better give it to him~" She turned bright red, and turned around. I noticed Michael was walking past me when he looked back, just as Joe hugged Claire. Joe mouthed something like, "She's mine, asshole." Michael looked disappointed as Joe planted a kiss on my now very flushed friend. "Get a room, lovebirds! And use protection!" Claire started sputtering, and Joe glared at me. "Leslie oh my god-" Man, if Stella was here, she'd probably follow up with another comment. Too bad she's getting ready for her match.

Oh, I forgot about the match- Annnd it's over, Reyna winning of course. Frank looked actually a bit glad. I guess he wanted to sit by Hazel, or get something to eat, since it was pretty late at night. Reyna bowed with a flourish of her cape- Wow, a bit fancy for her. Usually from what I've been told, she just walks out and gets ready for the next match. "Hey Claire, stop making out and get ready for finals. Percy and Jason is the next match, so you should watch from close up." Claire sighed, and smooched on her senpai one more time before walking off.

~To be continued~