Road Trip! {Pt. 1}

"Listen up, cupcakes!"

The group of campers, who had all gathered by Thalia's pine, turned their heads towards Coach Hedge. "Now, we will be taking two vehicles. One will be driven by yours truly," he pointed to himself, "and the other will be driven by Annabeth."

"Why is Annabeth driving?" "Remember what happened last time you drove, Seaweed Brain?" "Oh yeah." Coach sighed, while Sam and Aaron snickered in the background. "Now, some of you may have your own ways of transportation. If you do, please stay within a half-mile radius of the ground vehicles." Leslie raised her hand, saying, "Does that mean Leo and I can wear the suits?" "Yes." Les and Leo both fist pumped.

"Any other questions?"

No one responded.

"Well, let's go then. Hop in, kiddos!"

~-~-~-~-~-~-~The Next Day, 20/45 Hours into the Drive~-~-~-~-~-~-~

"Annabeth, slow down!" "No! Hedge is the one with the GPS, and he's getting away!"

The van rocked back and forth with the curves of the road, tossing Stella, Nico, Percy, Will, Alex, and Joe back and forth in between the curves. At this point, no one was getting motion sickness anymore, but Will was on the verge of conking Annabeth on the head and taking the wheel. The group was on the second day of their journey, the first being just as topsy-turvy, and was a few minutes away from their hotel for the night.

Meanwhile, flying high above the vehicles, Les and Leo were testing out their Iron Man suit ripoffs. In Hedge's van, Sam was playing with Chuck, Ellie was cooing at the cuteness, Aaron was texting Frank to tell him their location, and Mellie was fast asleep.

"He's so cute!" "Els, that's the 5th time you've said that in the past hour." "But... CUTE BABY!" Ellie's squeals of delight caused Hedge to nearly drive into a ditch (again), and Sam to nearly drop Chuck. "Here. Hold the child," Sam replied, handing Chuck off to Ellie. She giggled as Chuck immediately latched onto her, while Sam went back to texting the group messenger chat.

Ragnaros the Firelord: Lady took the baby, so I'm free now

Chica de hierro: Sweet. The view's great up here!

Ragnaros the Firelord: Coolio. So, where are we?

Chica de hierro: We're right outside St. Louis, actually. We're sleeping in a hotel near mine and Stella's houses.

Ragnaros the Firelord: Nice!

Sam put the phone down just as Coach Hedge stopped. The sight before him was a large white house, with a multitude of children's toys and bicycles littering the front yard.

"Where are we?" "Les's house. She wanted to stop to say hi to the kiddos." "Oh, cool."

Right on cue, Les landed in the front yard, superhero style (it's killer on the knees). As her suit retracted back into its backpack case, she simply walked up the front steps, and opened the door. The screaming of toddlers and the barks of many dogs could be heard from the van. The smell of freshly-baked cookies drifted along with the sounds of the hell that awaited inside.

"Coming, everyone?"

If anyone gets the reference, you get some cookies from Les's mom. ~Stella