One shot #24 ~ Punctuality

'Where are you?' I texted Thomas as I stood alone behind the bar of the coffee shop.

He said he'd pick me up from work. He hadn't, if you were wondering. It had been almost sixty minutes since he said he would, and the shop had long since closed. To make matters worse, it was raining outside, and so there was no way in hell I'd walk home in that.

My ears twitched at the sound of the door knocking. I looked up to see a thoroughly soaked Thomas standing behind the glass.

I placed my empty coffee mug down into the sink and padded over to the door, unlocking and opening it. 

"Listen, I—,"
"I just want to go home," I cut him off, my gaze meeting his.

He nodded slightly, stepping aside and giving me space to lock the door.

The car ride home was silent. I wasn't sure what his reasons were, but they had to be good.

He unlocked the front door to the apartment with a chatter, stepping through and tossing the keys onto the counter. I kicked the door shut behind me quietly and brushed past him.

"I'm...," he started.
"It's fine." I cut him off, sounding angrier than I'd intended to.
"No, it's not fine, Prim," he argued, "I made a promise, and I broke it,"
"It probably wasn't even your fault," I replied, turning round to face him. It was more a question, than a statement.
"That doesn't matter. You stayed there alone for an hour, and it's because I wasn't there," he replied, taking off his wet coat and kicking off his shoes.

I sighed loudly as he came closer.
"Let me make it up to you," he said quietly, brushing my hair behind my ear with his chilled fingers.

I bit my lip and tried my best not to smile, but it was impossible. I nodded.

He dipped his head down and laid a gentle kiss onto my lips, his cold hand pressed against my cheek. I shivered a little at his touch.

"Sorry," he whispered apologetically.
"You're cold," I replied quietly, to which he laughed softly.

He took his hand off my cheek and placed it on my waist instead, pulling me to him so quickly that I almost stumbled forward.
"Better?" He smirked.
"Better," I answered with a smile, before his head dipped and we kissed again.

My hands found the back of his neck as his tongue grazed my lip, the cold moisture from his shirt giving me goosebumps. I let my fingers undo the buttons, so that I could slide the damp cloth off his shoulders. It hit the floor with a soft whooshing noise.

It was when he began to undo mine, when I noticed him shivering.

"Cold?" I muttered, pulling back slightly.
"A little," he said, his cold fingers too numb to undo the of button of my shirt.

"Okay," I said thoughtfully, taking his cool hand into mine, "come with me,"

He had a half confused, half sexy half-smile plastered on his face. He followed me into the bathroom, my feet making a quiet padding sound on the sand-coloured tiles.

"You said you were cold," I stated.
"I did say that," He chuckled, his breathing slightly shaky with the trembling of his chest.

I rolled my eyes. He was slower than I thought he'd be.

I quickly undid the buttons of my white shirt and tossed it to the ground.
"Oh," he said, his brows furrowed, "...oh!"

He seemed to find what I was getting at. He quickly began fumbling with his belt whilst I shimmied my jeans and underwear down my legs, kicking them off.
"C'mere," I laughed, noticing his difficulty with his numb fingers. Brushing his hands aside, I gently undid the buckle and zipper to his slacks.