One shot #18 ~ Only acting

__________________________
_________________________________
"And...action!" The director shouted and Thomas walked on set. I sat in my chair and watched thoughtfully, tracing his every move.

Thomas had asked me to come and watch him film today, seeing he was especially nervous today. I knew exactly what scene this was, and I was dreading it.

Why, you may ask? Well, it's because he was acting with someone else - another girl - who was his love interest in the film. It didn't bother me that much other times, but today was different - they were filming a sex scene.

Though he'd asked me, and I'd told him many times it didn't bother me, I'd lied. Of course it bothered me, especially as we hadn't even done it ourselves.

So, as I sat there helplessly and watched my boyfriend pretend to get off with some other girl, a beautiful one at that, my heart sank a little.

Things he did with her on set, like the way his hands roamed, and the way his eyebrows crunched up, and even the sound of his distorted moans and groans - were the same as what he did to me.

I tried to block the thoughts out, but they kept on coming. I had to leave before the scene actually got to the sex part, I knew I wouldn't want to watch that.

I scurried away quickly, disappearing into his dressing room. I closed the door and sat on a sofa uneasily.

I could hear moans in the distance, they were hers mostly. But some of them were his.

I covered my ears, he's acting, he's acting, it's just his job, it's what he's paid for, I recited in my head to calm myself. But I couldn't, knowing what was going on just outside the door. I lay down on the couch on my back and tried to block out the escalated moaning, closing my eyes and hoping it'd be over.

"Cut!" I heard in the distance, making me sit upright. No more than a minute later, I heard Thomas come in.

"I wondered where you'd gone, is everything alright?" He sat next to me, still catching his breath.

"Yeah," I replied, unable to come up with an excuse.
"No you're not...this is because of the sex scene, isn't it? He looked at me quizzically.

"No..." I tried to hide my face from him.
"Yes, it is. I thought you said you were fine with it," he reasoned.
"I did, it's my fault. I'm fine with you acting, I don't know why I'm not fine now," I sighed and stood up to face him, "it's just, I wanted to be here to support you, because I know how nerve-wracking it can be to film scene like that." I finished.

"If I'd have known...I'm sorry," he apologised.
"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. You're just doing your job, quite well may I add." I laughed nervously.
"Yeah...they told us to be loud," he replied, a little embarrassed.

"But d'you know how I make it so realistic? You want to know a little secret?" He teased, taking my hand and pulling me toward him.

"How?" I wasn't sure I wanted to hear what he was going to say.
"I imagine I'm with you," he smirked.
"Wh-what?" I gulped.
"It's true. Embarrassing, but true. See this?" He gestures toward his crotch, a bulge forming.
"It's because of you. Just the thought of you, in fact." He finished.

"Really?" I whispered as my hand gripped his tighter.

He nodded and, with a hand round my waist, pulled me into his lap.
"How about I show you just how realistic I can make it?" He offered.
"Okay," I smiled, and kissed him softly.

I tilted my head to the side as the tip of his tongue brushed against my bottom lip and intruded my mouth. I'd never seen such confidence in him, maybe he wasn't sure I'd like that side of him. I did though, I really did.