Chapter Twenty Four

The whole day I pondered over the idea of Kali giving me 'the bite' as they called it. Because saying Kali bit me was too much like charlie bit me and that was plain weird.

    I wanted desperately, to get answers. I really didn't know from who. My parents probably knew everything, but I was not ready to face them. The only other person was Deucalion and I did not want to do that either. He was plain scary. Maybe not as much when he was (partially) blind, but definately now that he  was cured. Either way he was still scary, well in his wolf form.

    Derek took me out to drink coffee because I wouldn't stop questioning him. I didn't really know how coffee was going to help, but in the end it did. I relaxed and resided to thinking instead of just asking everything.

    My mind drifted off, and memories started to fall into place. When I was eleven incredibly close to turning twelve I was very sick. That was mostly all I could recall. Just sickness. As disappointing as that was, it still proved that I wasn't a born wolf. Which was obvious, even at first. My parents were definately not werewolves, I would have sensed it.

     I questioned Derek about the Argents. I told him about their name sounding more and more familiar by the minute. I had never met any of them except for Allison.

    "Well most of them are dead.  Victoria tried to kill Scott, and I was obligated to bite her. You see there's this code the hunters used to have.. If one of them is turned they must either  willingly give up their life or be killed by the others on or before the full moon."

      I nodded and thought this over. Victoria Argent. Why were all these names inbedded in the back of my mind?

Something was up, and I needed to figure it out.

                             ---

    After having some coffee we  had gone to a diner. I insisted that I wanted to go to McDonalds claiming I was a 'fatass' but he wasn't having it.

   When the sun started to set Derek and I drove back to the loft, I began to turn on the radio but after the constant glares from Derek decided not to. 

    He was the type to like silent car rides. As we drove I discovered why. It was just this feeling,  the sort of feeling that seems to calm you and help you relax. The combination of being tired and relaxed at the same time wasn't good. So after a few minutes I almost fell asleep, but then we arrived and I quickly got out  of the car and went inside.

       I forgot to bring blankets, and had to go through the humiliation of asking Derek if I could barrow some. He told me he didn't really have extras so I was stuck sleeping with him again.  It was fine since I stayed on my side of the bed and he stayed on his. I liked staying at the loft, for some reason, I felt safe. As the time ticked away I finally fell into a deep sleep.

     "I have an anchor,  well I figured out who it was." I told Deaton.

   "Who is it?" He asked in that mellow voice of his.

    "I can't tell you its sort of personnel,  but not really." I didn't know if I should tell Deaton about my anchor.

    "Skylar. You must tell me for your safety and the safety of others' might depend on it."

   I sighed, "Fine. It's Derek." I stared at the floor and didn't dare to meet his eyes.