Chapter 25

Hey guys! So I know that I haven't updated in like forever (since last year) but I'm back now and I'm hoping to finish this story soon! anyway ill stop talking and let you read the chapter.

P.S I'm sorry if it's weird I was sleep deprived when I wrote this but I'm too lazy to go back and rewrite it sooo, I'm sorry in advance for what you might read.

.

.

.

(Raeanne's pov)

Great. All night I have been laying here looking at the clock. I've tried to go to sleep but something in me is holding me back. Maybe it's because I'm afraid of the nightmares that come when I'm asleep. Or maybe it's because I know my dad is looking for me. But deep down I know it's none of those two options.

I can't sleep because I'm worried that the boy's will leave me once I learn how to protect myself. When I learn how to defend myself they will see that they don't need to be around as much and then everything will go back to the way it was. Me being alone.

I know that it sounds selfish but i'm scared. I'm scared that I will still be looked down on. I'm scared that I won't be able to stand up for myself and continue to act like the weak little girl everyone thinks I am.

That's why I can't sleep. Because I'm scared and I'm mad at myself for letting me be scared. Because that just proves everyone right.

That I'm weak.

I'm cut off from my thoughts when I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in." I say softly and the door opens to reveal Justin. He walks in and lays down on the bed beside me.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" He asks and looks over at me so see me shake my head no. "Nightmare?" He asks.

"No. I was just lost in thought." I say with a small tired smile and look at the clock. 5:50am. "Why are you up this early?"

"We have school today and it's my job to wake everyone up." He said. "Now don't change the subject. What were you thinking about so much that it keeps you up all night?"

"Nothing. Just random thoughts." I told him not wanting him to know about how scared I am about them leaving me.

"Do these random thoughts happen to have a certain twin named Jaden in them?" He questions shooting me a smirk.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask.

"Oh come on Raeanne. Everyone saw how you guys acted with each other. Something happened yesterday with you two." Justin said with an eye roll.

"Nothing happened Justin. We just hung out and I told him about some stuff from my past. That's it." I said and he groaned and mumbled something along the lines of 'damn it'. "What?"

"I have to give Haden twenty dollars now. I said something happened between you two and he told me that Jaden wouldn't make a move that fast. So obviously we made a bet about it and obviously I just lost." Justin explained.

"When did this happen?" I frowned and looked at him confused.

"Last night when you and Jaden left to go to bed." He said then stood up. "Anyway. It's time to get up." He left the room shutting the door behind him.

I sat up on the bed and stretched. My eyesight was blurry from lack of sleep so when I got out of bed and stubbed my pinky toe against the corner of the bed frame on my way to the closet I shouldn't of been surprised.

"Son of a duck bucket! That mother clucking beak sucker! Holy feathers that clucking hurts!"

"Umm... Rae? You okay? You sound like your cursing every birds existence right now." I heard Jaden say through the door.