Chapter four

(Raeanne's pov)

I woke up with a pounding headache and a sore body. I looked around at the bedroom i was in. Blue walls, black curtains, black dresser, black bookshelf. I think you get the idea. Suddenly the memories flooded in.

we will save you princess.

Those words kept replaying in my head like a broken record. who said that? Why would they want to save me?

I tried to sit up but the pain was too much.

"Ow!" I yelled. I heard heard voices and running. A few second later the door slammed open all the boys ran in.

"are you ok?" They said altogether.

I noticed that the twins came in first with worried faces. 'They care' I say in my head. That can't happen. They can't. I can't let myself get attached to them because if they keep caring then I will. How do I know they won't break my heart in the end. How do I know I won't break theirs?

Suddenly I remember that I have to get home. Wait how long was I out for?

"Umm. How long was I sleeping?" I asked worriedly.

"Two days" Ryder said.

Two days!?!? No. No. No .No. No. This can't be happening. My 'dad' and Catherine are going to kill me. I'll get a worse beating than all the other time. Oh no. They probably think I ran away from them.

"Hey are you ok?" Justin asked. I didn't realize I started to breath heavily. I tried to calm down but couldn't. Oh no. This cannot be happening right now!

"Whats going on?" Jaden asked worriedly.

"She's having a panic attack" Ryder said. He came over to me sitting on the side of the bed about to calm my down.

But it was too late.

(Flash back)

"Where were you Raeanne?" my dad hissed.

"I-I'm sorry sir" I said scared. "I just wanted to go to the park to see w-what it was l-like."

"I thought you ran away from me." He said calmly. "Therefore you have to be punished" He got up and came towards me. I backed up as far as I could from him but it only made him even more mad.

He put his hand up and slapped me.

"No! Please! Stop!" I screamed. "I promise i'll be good" I sobbing but that didn't stop him. If anything it made it worse.

He hit me over and over again.

"Stop please!!!"

(Flashback ended)

"Stop please!" I screamed

That was the worst beating I have ever gotten from him. I was a bloody mess with cuts, scrapes, and burns running down my body.

My eyes were still tightly closed and I was clutching my head. I felt someone pick me up and put me on there lap. I didn't care who it was I just wrapped my arms tightly around them and continued to sob.

"Shh. It's going to be alright princess." Ryder said.

My body was shaking with sobs so I buried my head in his chest. I don't know why but his embrace made me feel safe and warm. After a couple of minutes my sobs stopped. I still continued to hold on to him not wanting to let go of the warmth.

"You okay now?" Ryder said while rubbing my back. I sniffled and nodded my head. I let go of my arms and looked up.

"I'm sorr-" I got cut off by Ryder saying.

"Don't be sorry. It not your fault." He said while looking in my eyes. "And don't say you're fine either because I know you're not fine. I can tell just by looking into your eyes Raeanne."

I know i'm not fine. I've never been fine. Nobody has ever seen that i'm not fine though. Why is he the only one the notices?

His gray eyes stare into my green ones almost like they're searching for answers. I heard someone clear their throat and it snapped me out of the trance I was in. I got out of Ryder's lap and sat on the bed by him.

"You should get some more rest" Ryder suggested. I nodded and layed back down.

.

.

.

.

(Ryder's pov)

Before I got up I whispered a small

"Night princess." and got out of the room. I went down into the kitchen and got a glass of water. I turned around and all the guys were there staring at me with smirks clear on their faces.

"What?" I said curiously.

"Nothing." Haden said looking everywhere but me.

"Tell me." I demanded.

"You like her dude and don't even deny it." Jack told me.

"I don't like her guys." I said while rolling my eyes. "I have no reason to."

What are they thinking? Why would I like her? Did I do anything that would make them think I would like her? I mean we did have a moment. If you can even call it that. Her eyes are just so captivating. They hold all her secrets. I want to figure her out. I want her to open up and tell me who she is. The real her.

"Ryder."

I want to be the one to break down her walls.

"Ryder."

The first person she goes to if she needs anything.

"Ryder."

I want to be there for her and only her.

"Ryder!!!!" Someone yelled. I jumped and looked at the guys.

"What?" When I see the smirks on their face I automatically know what they're going to say. "Shut up." I say and go back to drinking my water.

.

.

.

.

I'm back! Sorry for the wait but here it is. I got a small case of writers block for a day or two and that's why is took a while to update.

anywhore I hope you guys liked the new chapter so don't be a silent reader and tell me what you think.

Comment, Vote, Follow!

Goodnight and see you soon my little dinosaurs!

-BloodAngel:)