Chapter 23

(Raeanne's pov)

After Jaden and I ate our breakfast we decided to walk around for a bit. As we were walking I skipped over the sidewalk seams and cracks. My smile seemed to never fade from my face as I looked around the town. Suddenly swings and slides caught my attention.

"Look it's a park!" I yelled and grabbed Jaden's hand. My feet had a mind of their own and started running towards the park dragging Jaden all the way there. Luckily there was nobody here so everything was free of children. I let go of his hand and sat on the swing moving my legs back and forth making me go higher in the air.

"You're adorable." Jaden said finally catching up to me.

"Sorry for dragging you. But I really love parks." I told him while still swinging. I stopped moving my legs making me go slower. "I never really got to go to any parks when I was younger. I snuck out once to go across the street to the park by my house but my dad figured out and punished me. That was one of the worst punishment's i've gotten from him." By now I was still on the swing with my feet planted softly on the ground. "He thought I ran away because he couldn't find me." I unconsciously trace the scar on my leg that was hidden under my jeans. I looked up at Jaden and he was leaning against the swing post. "I never went to the park again until the day you guys showed up." I said and smiled at him.

He walked over to me and pulled me off the swing gently.

"Like I said before. I won't let him hurt you ever again." He told me. Seeing Jaden like this is still new to me.

"I know." I said and paused. "I just wish you didn't have to." I smiled sadly at him then look down towards my feet.

"Let's keep walking." Jaden grabbed my hand and led me out of the park and back onto the sidewalk. "Do you remember when Haden brought you back inside because you were trying to run away?" I look at him and nod cringing slightly at the memory. "He said you were afraid of hurting us. What did he mean by that?" He asked.

I nervously start to play with the end of my shirt. Somehow I knew this would come up. I just didn't expect it to come up right now. I took a deep breathe then started talking.

"My mom and her friend Melissa were pregnant at around the same time. Melissa was pregnant with a boy and my mom was pregnant with me. Melissa's son Bradley and I were the best of friends. He was there for me through everything. Like mom passing and I even told him about the abuse. When we grew up it was that normal Cliche boy and girl best friend relationship and we grew feels for each other. I couldn't tell you it was a big surprise because we both knew it would probably happen eventually so we didn't make a big deal about it." I stopped to make sure he was keeping up and found him staring contently at me so I continued. "One night my dad told me to clean the kitchen before he got back. I didn't do I correctly and he started to beat me." I close my eyes trying to stop all the memories from flooding back. "It was that night that I knew I had lost my father for ever. He stabbed me in my stomach and left me on the kitchen floor to bleed out." I took a couple deep breathes and got rid of my tear filled eyes. "I guess the neighbors hear me scream and they called the cops. The cops and paramedics ran into the house and saw me laying on the floor. My dad had already disappeared before they got there. After I got released from the hospital they ruled my injury as an accident since they didn't have any evidence and I was too scared to tell them the truth."

"Raeanne. What does this have to do with thinking you would hurt us?" Jaden asked. "Because this is just making me want to kill your father even more than I already do." I smile at his protectiveness and shake my head.

"Let me finish and you'll find out." He sighs but agrees anyway.

"Anyway. When I got out of the hospital my dad came and got me with all of our stuff packed. We moved to a whole different state. Which happened to be here. When we moved I didn't get the chance to say goodbye to bradley. We only had each other so when he had to find other people to spend time with he got into a bad crowd. He got shot while doing a favor for one of his friends. If I hadn't left he would still be alive." By now tears were streaming down my face. I didn't bother trying to wipe them away because what's the point if you know you won't stop crying.

Jaden brought his arms around me and pulled my into his chest.

"It all my fault. I should have told someone about my dad! He would be rotting in jail and Bradley would still be here." I sobbed.

"Raeanne, It's not your fault okay? You didn't have a choice. Nobody is blaming you and it's not your fault for being scared. If you really thought that telling someone about your dad would help then why not do it right now? The boys and I will stand by your side no matter what you choose." Jaden said whispering it in my ear.

Then I realize something. I have to tell someone. I owe it to Bradley. I may not tell someone to day or tomorrow but one day I will make it my mission to see my dad in jail because that's where he belongs.

I wipe my tears and take my head off chest.

"Anyway. That's why I was trying to run away. I didn't want you guys to get attached to me" I said still trying to recover from my crying session.

"I think it's a little too late for that." Jaden told me. I smile at him and started to walk again.

"You don't have to worry about me leaving again. I don't think I could even if I tried."  

.

.

.

.

.

Hey! So how was it? Tell me the truth. I don't want any sugar coating (okay maybe just a little bit?)

Anyway. WHO IS YOUR SHIP???? 

Raden

Annden

Rack

Ryannder

Rustin

ONE MORE QUESTION!!!!!!

What do you want to happen next?(Think about it and comment.)

VOTE on the chapter

COMMENT on your ship

and

FOLLOW ME!!!!!!!!

Goodnight my little dinosaurs

-BloodAngel :)