Chapter 12

(Haden's pov)

"Please come back inside." I whispered to her. A tear ran down her cheek and I brushed it off with my thumb. "Please." She looked up and met my eyes.

"I...I can't" She said weakly with her voice cracking at the end.

"Yes you can. I know you're afraid but we will never hurt you." I told her.

"I'm not afraid you'll hurt me. I'm afraid i'll hurt you." She said. "I've already explained this to you."

"Why do you think you'll hurt us Raeanne?" I ask.

"Because this is what happened with Bradley." She choked out. "I got attached and he got attached then I had to leave. I hurt him so bad that he died!" She screamed at the end. "I can't let that happen to you."

"You won't hurt me or the boys if you don't leave. Why aren't you understanding this?"

She sighed and let another tear drop. She put her hands on my shoulders while looking up at me sadly.

"One of theses times i'm going to get hurt so bad that i won't be strong enough to pull through and if I die I don't want you to suffer." She whispered

"I would never let you get hurt Raeanne. I will protect you from getting hurt. Nobody will will ever lay a hand on you in a mean way every again." I reassure her. I put my hands on the side of her face and lead my forehead against hers. "Please come back inside now?"

She closed her eyes then nodded.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" She sobbed. "I...I didn't....I didn't think it would hurt you...if I went away. I'm so sorry."

I picked her up and walked back to the house.

"Shh. It's okay." I walked up the front steps and through the door. The boys jumped up and ran over to us.

"What happened?" Jack asked "Is she okay?"

"Why is she crying?" Justin said protectively

"Why are you with her?" Ryder questioned

"Where did you guys go?" Jaden asked

"Will you all shut the hell up?" I yelled "She was trying to run away because she thought she was going to hurt us. We had a heart to heart conversation, things were said. We were on the sidewalk a couple houses down and really Ryder? Why was I with her? I woke up when she was leaving the house." I told them.

I looked down at Raeanne who wasn't crying anymore but is fast asleep in my arms.

"I'm going to put her in bed." I walked past them and went up the stairs. She stirred in my arms but didn't wake up. I went into the guest room and gently put her on the bed and covered her with the blanket at the foot of the bed.

"Haden?" She said groggily

"Yeah?"

"Whatever you do please don't get attached." She said to me while dozing off again. I sighed and moved some hair out of her face.

"Too late" I whispered to myself since I knew she was already asleep. 

*

*

*

*

Hey guys. I told you i would update a lot this weekend and so i'm keeping my promise. 

Anyway I still want to know how you ship and the official ship names are down below.

Raeanne + Haden = Raden (Ray-den)

Raeanne + Jaden = Annden (Anne-den)

Raeanne + Justin = Rustin (Rust-in)

Raeanne + Jack = Rack (I don't think you need help pronouncing this one)

Raeanne + Ryder = Ryannder (Ry-anne-der) 

Anyway tell me who you ship.

If you want you can give me some ideas for the upcoming chapters. I hope you are enjoying the book so far and the neck chapter should be up soon.

Vote, Comment, Follow

Goodnight my little dinosaurs

-BloodAngel ;)