Chapter 5

(Raeanne's pov)

I missed his warmth and comforting voice. I want someone to wrap their arms around me and tell me everything is going to be alright. That its okay. To not be afraid. That they will protect me and will be their for me no matter what happens.

Is that too much to ask for? I've been through hell and I think I at least deserve that much. I'm not asking for much. I just want someone to take two seconds to comfort me.

My eyes started to feel droopy and I fell into a peaceful sleep. Haha like that would ever happen.

(Nightmare)

"Get down here you bitch!" My father yelled. I slowly got out of bed and made my way down stairs.

What did he want now? I didn't do anything wrong. I finally made it to the kitchen and stood in front of my father.

"Yes?" I asked

"Clean this mess up before I get home and if it isn't cleaned up ill punish you." He said and walked away.

I stared at the messy kitchen. Dirty dishes were stacked up in the sink. The counter tops had crumbs, stains, and garbage on top. The cupboards were unorganised and filthy, and the fridge was smeared with hand prints and grime.

Great. He want me to do something impossible.

I walked over to the dishes and started to clean them. Wash, rinse, stack. Wash, rinse, stack. I repeated in my head over and over again with each dish. After an hour I was finally done with the dishes. I started to hum a song while I cleaned the kitchen but I was taking to long.

I heard the door open and slam shut. Heavy footsteps came towards the kitchen. I stiffed but still cleaned so he knew I was doing something.

"What the hell!" He exclaimed. "I told you I wanted this kitchen done by the time I got home! What did you do while I was gone! It looks like you did nothing in here!"

He walked over to me and slapped me hard across the face. He kicked me in my knee and I fell to the floor screaming in pain. I saw him look over at the clean dishes. He started to walk over there and I was starting to wonder what he was doing. Right as I thought he was done I saw him grab the knife I just recently cleaned. He looked at me with a smirk. Slowly he advanced towards me with a sickening grin still plastered on his face.

This was not my dad. He took this to a whole new level. This is just a game for him. News flash dad. THIS IS MY LIFE!!!! I don't think he got the hint though because he grabbed my arm and slide the blade across making a line of blood appear.

"You were a disgrace to this family." He hissed in my ear as he continues to makes painful marks on my arms. "You! killed my wife!" He screamed. I whimpered and tried to get away but it was no use. He aimed the knife towards my stomach slightly putting pressure on it.

"Dad please! Stop!" I screamed. "You don't know what you're doing!....You're hurting your daughter! The only family you have left!" I tried to reason with him but I was to late. He plunged the knife in my stomach. Right at that moment I knew I lost my dad forever.

(End of dream)

I sat up breathing heavily. I brought my knees up and wrapped my arms around them. I was silently crying and didn't notice the door was open.

.

.

.

.

Hey guys! Guess what? This book got over a hundred reads! YAY!!! I'm so happy right now. I wanted to thank all of you who are commenting on the book and voting. I also wanted to give a big thanks to Ashantifaith012 For all the comments and votes.

goodnight my little dinosaurs.

-BloodAngel :)