4. You're Special

Start from the beginning

She looked good and she knew it. I found that sexy on her, confidence. I could tell that although she was confident she was not conceited nor arrogant. She just knew her worth and that she was beautiful despite the beauty standards of today. "Baby, what are you looking at?", Niya's called turning my head so that I was looking at her instead of the gorgeous girl across the room. I have always been a bit too brutally honest, but hey. I blame my parents, they're the same way as well as the rest of family.

"For starters, don't call me that. You are not my girl, girlfriend, or none of that so you do not have that privilege. And to answer your question, I was looking at the gorgeous girl across the room surrounded by her friends having a good time. Excuse me, I want to go get her number", I told her bluntly before shrugging her off of me and walking away from her leaving her gapping after my retreating form. I made my way through the crowd ignoring everything around me, my sole focus on getting to the beauty across the room. I was less than three feet from her when someone stepped into my path. I narrowed my eyes at the idiot blocking my path only to groan at the sight of Tristan, my cousin and Christian's older brother.

He sipped his drink staring at me over the rim.

"What?", I mumbled

"What?", I mumbled. He raised a finger taking another sip before lowering the cup. "I saw the way that you were looking at her and I don't like it. She is not anyone's, especially your play thing. She is so much more and if you think that I am going to let your fuck boy ass hurt her then you got another fucking thing coming, Nathaniel", he said glowering at me. "Are you done?", I sarcastically asked. He rolled his eyes, "Not even close, but I don't want to talk to you. I do however, know someone who does", he said giving a nod of his head towards me.

I did not turn around to acknowledge whoever they were because nothing else mattered to me except speaking with my gorgeous baby who did not even know that she was mine yet. "Tris, move", I demanded and he scoffed standing his ground as he continued to sip from his cup. "Tris?", a gentle voice called at the same time my own name was called, "Nate?" I sighed, "Leave me alone, Niya. Our arrangement is over", I called without even sparing her a glance, too busy watching my baby step forward with her gorgeous self. "Over? Why?", Niya whined over the music making me roll my eyes before turning away from my future wife to face my ex-fling.

"You're annoying, a bitch, rude, and thinks that the world revolves around you. News flash, Ni. It doesn't. I was only with you for your mouth and it damn sure was not for kisses or conversation. We aren't nor were we ever anything more than a quick fuck situation. I was waiting on the right woman to walk into my life and she has strutted right the hell on in. I refuse to lose her before I even get her so you and all of the other hoes must go. I will not have her doubting me behind jealous little girls", I retorted before turning my back to her.

"Hello, gorgeous. I am Nathaniel Vitro, your soon to be man, husband, the father of your children, and daddy", I introduced myself to her and she did the realest thing ever. She rolled her eyes. She rolled her eyes at my introduction with a less than impressed look upon her face. "Hi", she responded dryly causing Tris to snicker while her two girlfriends gapped at her. I chuckled, "Why the attitude, babe? Do you have a name or can I call you whatever I want?", I asked trying to strike up a conversation with her. "I'm chillin' my guy and I am not your babe", she said plainly.