Papyrus: When You Runaway

~When You Runaway~
~~~

My stomach growled. The Boss hasn't let me eat for a week now as a punishment. Him and Sans would eat while you sat in your room, trying to not let your non-existent stomach swallow itself.

You were curled up on your bed and holding your stomach. If loudly growled and it hurt.

You took a deep breath and stood weakly. Once you were standing without dizziness, you slowly walked over to your bag you had packed the night before.

You wanted food-needed food-and the only way to get it and live your brother's wrath is to run away. So that's what you'll do.

You felt light headed from the loss of food again and froze, not wanting to fall. Once you were fine, you packed your bag with things necessary.

You didn't have the strength to climb out the window, so you would escape through the door.

You tiptoed downstairs and quietly opened the door. Once you were outside, you slowly walked towards Grillby's.

The bar was packed as usual. Some monsters greeted me and other ignored me. Once I made it to the bar front, Grillby gave a low chuckle as he was walking over.

"What's all that luggage there for, Kid? Goin' on a hike? Doubt that." Grillby chuckled again.

You were about to speak when your stomach spoke for you.

Grillby nodded. "I'll get you some stuff to go." And he disappeared into the kitchen.

I watched your surroundings carefully. Sans comes here all the time and he knows your not supposed to be eating. Who knows what he could do if he saw me here?

"Here you go," you looked at Grillby who had a bag in hang. "Packed two burgers and fries in there. Hope that lasts."

You took the bag and gave him the right amount of gold. You opened your mouth to speak, but Grillby always knew what was on your mind.

"I won't tell ya brothers," he said. "Now run along, (Y/N). Sans will be coming any minute now."

You nodded and ran to he door, stopping to wave back. "Thanks, Grillbz!"

"Not a problem!" He said back.

You ran out, the smell of the food making your mouth water. You may be a skeleton, but that doesn't mean you can't crave food the way you do.

You jogged a bit past Snowdin, past the boss's puzzles, past the gate, and stopped in front of the door.

You knew Sans would come here sometimes to relax and practice knock-knock jokes.

You ran into the wood the best you could and stopped behind a few bushes with trees around it. It would be hard to be seen here.

You opened the bag and you practically drooled. You grabbed the fries, not wanting to eat the biggest options of food just yet.

You took a bite of some fries and you felt so relieved. It was delicious. You slowly ate, savoring it's taste, and to save your other food.