My Persuasive Speech

-Topic/Speech Length-

My topic that I chose for my Persuasive speech was: Avoiding distracting behaviors while driving.

The length of the speech has to be at least 3 minutes long, but it can be longer than that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Introduction Paragraph-

Attention Getter: In 2012, 11% of drivers under the age of 20 were involved in fatal car accidents and it was reported they were all distracted at the time of the crash.

Bridge: And this statistic can be easily avoided by not driving distracted.

Thesis (Persuasive Topic and Reasoning for your stance; i.e. "People should support ____ because of reasons A, B, C): You should avoid eating/drinking, talking/texting, and turning around and talking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Body Paragraph 1-

Restated Thesis Point (Your reasoning for you stance on your topic): You should avoid eating and drinking while driving.

Rhetorical Support/Source (Ethos, Pathos, Logos): A new study showed that about 80% of all car accidents and 65% of near misses are caused by distracted drivers more focused on their food and drink than they were on the road.

Explanation for Why/How Source Supports Point: Because of drivers doing this, it caused all these crashes so they should not do this while they are driving.

Concluding Sentences: so drivers should not be eating and drinking while driving, they should wait untill they are at a stop sign or a stop light for a quick bite or sip of there drink or when they get to where they are going, and then eat or drink.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Body Paragraph 2-

Restated Thesis Point (Your reasoning for your stance on your topic): Secondly you should avoid talking/texting while driving.

Rhetorical Support/Source (Ethos, Pathos, Logos): 25% of car accidents were caused due to the driver talking and texting on their phone while at the wheel of their car.

Explanation for Why/How Source Supports Point: the drivers should not be so concerned about their phones, and should be more concerned about their own well being, unless it is a life or death situation that you need to check your phone so badly,leave it untill later.

Concluding Sentences: You should not do this while driving because the one second that you look away from the road to check your phone you can get into a car accident and could get sceriously injured. when you could have just waited untill it was a more apropriate time and then check it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Body Paragraph 3-

Restated Thesis Point (Your reasoning for your stance on your topic): Lastly you should avoid turning around and talking while driving.

Rhetorical Support/Source (Ethos, Pathos, Logos): Many car accidents are caused by people talking to other passengers while driving, this could have easily been avoided had drivers been paying more attention to driving and less to other activities.