32: Pay a Visit to The Governor

Start from the beginning

"No. You know what I'm talking about." I said.

"You know all about me and I know all about you. I don't care about any of that. We're here to move forward." He said with a grin. I just glared at him.

"I've known you both at different times, but only after the world went to shit. And you both stepped up for the good of others at great personal risk. Theres no reason--" Andrea said getting cut off by The Governor.

"Get to it." He said.

"Woodbury takes west of the river. The prison takes east. No one crosses, no one trades." I proposed.

"He's right. We should hammer out boundaries then leave each other--" Andrea said getting cut off by The Governor once more.

"I'm sorry what is this?" The Governor said.

"Its a solution." Andrea said.

The Governor just laughed. "Absolutely not." He said as he handed the map back to me.

"What the hell am I doing here? You told me---" I asked getting cut off by The Governor.

"Told him what?" The Governor interrupted.

"You told me he was willing to talk." I said clearly angry.

"I am, but the truth is, Rick she's in no position to make such an offer anyway. I'm here for one thing only-- your surrender." The Governor said.

"Oh, you want surrender? Come get it. You think we hit Woodbury heavy last time?" I said.

"Just take it easy, alright? We're here to settle this." Andrea butted in.

"You're right. Would you step outside?" The Governor said to Andrea.

"What?" She asked shocked.

"Rick and I, we got a lot to talk about." The Governor said.

"I'm not leaving." Andrea said. She doesn't really have any say in what happens either way.

"I came to talk to him." I said.

With that Andrea left.

The Governor motioned for me to take a seat, and so I did.

One of his men came and shut the door Andrea left out of.

"So you're The Governor?" I began.

"Thats, uh, thats their term, not mine." He said.

"Oh. But still, you're beholden to your people." I said.

"Well of course."

"You have responsibility to them."

"Mm-hmm."

"Wasn't Merle your lieutenant?"

"He was helpful, yeah."

"But you knew he was erratic. You blame him for scooping up Glenn and Maggie in the first place?"

"Exactly. I was trying to sort it out when you attacked."

"So it was his fault?"

"He's a wild card but he's effective. He gets the dirty jobs done."

"I thought you'd take responsibility."

"I thought you were a cop, not a lawyer."

"Either way I don't pretend to be a governor."

"I told you, I'm their leader."

"You're the town drunk who knocked over my fence and ripped up my yard, nothing more."