32: Pay a Visit to The Governor

Start from the beginning

"Do you mind if I take a closer look?" He asked.

I shook my head no.

He then proceeded to look at the bruise.

"It doesn't look like anything other than just a really bad bruise. I'd advise you drink as much water as you can. That area is gonna be really sore and tender for quite a while but other than that it shouldn't be too bad." He said.

"Thank you." I said as I put my sweatshirt back on.

I then walked out. Part of me feels like I should tell Daryl but then I don't think he'd ever let me leave again.

Daryl, Hershel, and Rick were about to leave but of course I did my routine of hugging Daryl before he left. This time Merle didn't say anything.

Rick's P.O.V

We pulled up to our meeting place, Daryl was on his bike and Hershel and I were in a car. Hershel was driving.

I got out of the car and went with Daryl to check this place out. Everything looked clear but we were still suspicious, we were completely silent and communicated only with hand signals.

We found a walker that had been put down. It looked fresh but no one else was supposed to be here yet.

I walked carefully into the building we were supposed to meet in and I cocked my gun, I kept it to my side though.

I found a table and two chairs. It was all silent besides for a creaking sound of someone walking. I looked in the direction of the creaking and The Governor walked out.

He walked to the opposite side of the table and raised his hands showing that he had no weapons. He chuckled but I just stared at him.

He began, "We have a lot to talk about." He said as he lowered his hands.

"You attacked us, makes things pretty clear." I said.

"I was trying to make things clear. I coulda killed you all. I didn't." He said rather blankly.

"And here we are." I responded.

He went to reach for something and I raised my gun up immediately.

He put his hands back up, "I'm gonna remove my weapon. Show that I mean to negotiate in good faith. I'd like you to do the same... May I?"

I just moved my gun a bit like 'what are you waiting for'.

He then proceeded to remove his belt that holstered all of his weapons. He held it up and set it behind him.

"See? No trouble." He said with his hands still up. He chuckled once more and said, "Now you."

I just pulled back my weapon and un-cocked it. I then reholstered it with no intentions of removing the holster.

"Well... suit yourself." He said, then chuckled yet again and went to take a seat.

*A little bit later*

Andrea walked in.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"Nothing... Your friend isn't much for small talk." The Governor replied.

"You wanna talk, talk." I responded.

"I want you to talk." Andrea admits. She continues, "Too many people have died for no reason. Let's end this. Save the bullets for the real threat. We can solve this. Thats why I asked you to come here."

"I know what you've done... I heard about the raids, the heads, Maggie, Emma." I said to The Governor.

"Merle did that." He retorted.