Epilogue

"You're all grown up!" I exclaim, tears in my eyes. "I can't believe you're graduating!"

Ash was standing in front of me in his cap and gown, along with his girlfriend Andi.

The two had been together since seventh grade, and it was adorable.

"Shut up, Colton." He jokingly said, hugging me.

I had taken custody of Ash ever since Jax... well, you know. I was still recovering, along with Ash, but we were getting better.

I drove Ash, Andi, Nathan, and Phoenix to graduation in the limo. Those four were best friends, and practically inseparable.

At graduation, Ash got the chance to speak. He spoke a little of Jax, and his journey. He was only 13 when that happened, and now he was 18. In fact, I am 35 now, and 29 at the time.

After a beautiful ceremony, I go to the place I go to every week.

I had flowers in my hand, and was still in formal wear from the graduation. "Hey," I greet, placing the flowers down.

I squat down in front of Jax's grave, tears already being held back. I read the tombstone that I head read at least a thousand times.

Ajax "Jax" Miller.
Beloved brother. Beloved friend. Beloved boyfriend. Beloved vocalist.
You will be missed.
2000-2018
Rest In Peace.

"So," I start, talking to the slab of cement, "Ash graduated today. He's going to the University of Denver to study acting. You'd be proud of him. He's so great. But, um... I couldn't help but think what your graduation day may have looked like." I looked away, my voice shaky. I always cried when I visited this spot.

"We could have had an open relationship. We could have been free." I sighed, closing my eyes. "I really miss you, Jax. Everyday I miss you. I really did love you. I still do. But, I know you'd want me to move on. So, I'll try. It'll be hard, but I'll try." I sniffed, not caring that the tears were dripping down my face.

"I love you, Jax. I just wish you had known it sooner. I wish I hadn't caused your death." I chuckled a little. "I remember that you said it wasn't my fault. I know it wasn't my fault. But, it feels like it. And I'm trying to get past that, but it's hard. It's hard without you, Jax. It's hard." I plant a kiss on two of my fingers, and press it against his gravestone. "I love you, Jax." I say before standing up and walking away.

I was going to be all alone, now. Ash was leaving for University of Denver soon, and after that I'd be alone.

But, it was okay.

I'd never truly be alone if I kept the two in my heart.