29: Bad Things, A Lot of Bad Things

Comenzar desde el principio

"Emma, are you okay?" He whispered. 

I shook my head no. 

"Its okay, it was just a bad dream." He said quietly because he didn't want to wake anyone. 

I just kept hugging him and crying. 

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked me. 

"Please don't let The Governor take me ever again, please." I begged. 

We sat down on the bottom bunk in my cell. 

"Thats where you were?" He asked. 

I nodded. 

"What happened to you?" Carl asked. 

"Bad things. A lot of bad things." I said with tears still rolling down my cheek. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" Carl asked me, wrapping his arm around me. 

I leaned my head on his shoulder. 

"I don't want it to change anything. I don't want to be treated differently." I said. 

"Emma, its okay. You can talk to me." He said. 

"Well, I gotta start this off by telling you something that I left out the first time I told you about my mom." I said. 

He nodded. I lifted my head up, he moved his arm. 

"As you already know she abused me for four and a half years. Well two of those years she had this scumbag of a boyfriend. Most nights she'd either be too high or too drunk to please him herself so he'd come to me. He... uh... raped me... more than once." 

Carl just looked at me. I looked back for a second then I looked down at the floor.

"I was staying close to the prison after I got out, I was gonna come back once I knew you guys were okay. I ended up getting chased deeper and deeper into the woods by a herd of walkers. I was holding my own and killing them but then these people came out of no where and killed them all for me. I was hoping it would be you guys but it was The Governor, Merle, a few other men, and... uh... m-my mom. They tried to capture me once and I ended up killing the guy who grabbed me. Another guy grabbed me successfully after that. I was taken back to Woodbury where I was questioned strictly about where my camp was although I already lied and said that I lost you guys a while ago and have been alone for the past four months. I never showed any signs that I had a camp. I just stuck to my story. Well they didn't buy it. After I kept denying that I had a camp I was put into this dark room, alone. I was there for like ten days... well nine of those ten days The Governor... he... raped me. I still kept the prison a secret though, it was Glenn and Maggie who gave it up." 

"Emma, I'm so sorry. I don't really know what else to say." 

"Just don't let The Governor take me again." 

"I wont, I promise." 

"Thank you." 

We just sat there quietly for a bit. We leaned back against the wall, he put his arm back around me, and I put my head back on his shoulder. 

"Carl, will you just sleep in here. I don't want to be alone." I asked. 

He nodded. We then laid down and fell asleep. 

----------MORNING-------------

I woke up with Carl's arms around me. 

I don't know what time it is but it doesn't sound like anyone else is awake. 

I lightly grabbed Carl's arm and moved it. He woke up though. 

We each sat up on the edge of the bed. 

"Carl, I'm sorry about last night. I don't know what happened to me." I said. 

"You don't need to apologize. I wont let The Governor hurt you ever again." Carl said. 

"I'm also sorry for before I left, with the argument and everything. I'm sorry for leaving you twice. I didn't want to go with Merle, I went for Daryl. Merle knew what The Governor was doing to me and he just let it happen." I said. 

"Emma, you don't need to be sorry. Everything is okay now." He said. 

Rick then popped his head into the cell, "Hey Carl, Michonne and I are going on a run for weapons today to our old neighborhood. You can come if you want, so can Emma if she feels up to it and Daryl's okay with it. We're leaving in about an hour." Rick said and left. 

"I didn't think Michonne was part o four group. I thought she had to leave as soon as she was able to travel." I said. 

"I don't know, she doesn't seem bad though. I think I'm gonna go, do you want to?" Carl asked me. 

"I gotta talk to Daryl first but sure, I'm down." I said. 

Carl and I then got up and went our separate ways. I went to go talk to Daryl. 

"Hey Dad." I said. 

"Ey kid, how're ya feelin'?" He asked me. 

"Better." I said. 

He nodded his head. 

"I was wondering if I could go on a run with Rick, Michonne, and Carl." I said. 

"Do you think thats a good idea?" He asked me. 

"I feel up to it, plus its better if I have something to keep my mind occupied. Please, can I go. I have all of them to watch out for me." I said. 

"You can go, as long as you're feeling up to it." He said. 

"Okay, thank you." I said. 

He nodded. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enjoy this extra upload. Thank you all for reading my story. I hope you're enjoying it. If you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to VOTE and if you have anything to say at all don't forget to COMMENT. I read them all. :)

Much love, the random girl who wrote this story.-<3