Chapter 22 - Him

Edited

We get there with no help from me because I went against him. I could still hear the faint sound of music in the background. The song changed, to a slow song.

He turns me around and pushed me against the wall and pulled my hands above my head. I gasp and the sudden roughness. I know I shouldn't, but I felt a wetness begin to pool.

I was too shocked to say anything. He didn't say anything for a while, but then he brought his face closer to mine. I thought he was going to kiss me but he doesn't. He brings his face to my neck and takes a whiff of perfume, causing me to shudder a little.

"You look beautiful," He said, his hot breath going down my neck. I shudder again this time he could feel it.

I still didn't say anything. He pulled away from my neck and looked at me.

"She lied to you." He said and I knew what he was talking about. "How could you believe her?" his voice was laced with betrayal.

I realized who my sister was. She hated for god knows how long. Of course, she would go to the length of my unhappiness. She was happy as long as I was miserable.

I felt the sting in my eyes and my eyes began to water. He must of noticed the tears and change in the atmosphere.

He releases my hands and cupped my cheeks and said "No, no. Don't cry."

"I'm sorry I believed her. I should have heard you out instead of just assuming" I said my voice breaking.

His hand moved from to my wait and he pulls me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his torso as he whispered in my ear sweet nothings and I didn't end up crying.

With the song still going on, he said "I have somewhere I want to take you"

Still in the hug, I shake my head yes. To my dismay, I have to pull away from the warm hug and walk out the door. Jack put his arm around my shoulders

Remember that Liza is at Prom, I have to text her that I'm leaving. I unwrap myself from Jack and start to pull up my dress to where I was keeping everything. Jack was looking at me.

"What? This is where my stuff is." I said. He chuckled and waited for me to continue walking.

I got out my phone and text Liza. I texted her that I was leaving but that she can say and I'm leaving her with the limo.

I put my phone back and continue walking to his car. Unlucky for me his car was parked way in the back. My heels were already killing me and this walk wasn't helping.

Jack once again most of notice the struggle I was having because he decided the care me. I squealed because I wasn't expecting it.

"Isn't someone going to see?" I asked reminding him of his deal with Anne.

"What do I care. The deal ends tomorrow." He said.

"Okay," I say wrapping my arms around his neck "Just remember there's a baby on board"

"How could I forget?" He said.

We got to his car and he put me down on my side and opened the door and did that gently gesture. I giggled and go into the car. I had a little bit of a struggle with my dress. Jack tried to help me and we finally were able to get it to stay in the car. Given I had to hold it into different places until Jack closed the door.

The ride was silent with the light sound of music playing in the background. Jack grabbed my hand midway through the drive.