Chapter 5 - After Math

Picture of Roseanne

Edited

I wake up with a horrible headache. I open and close my eyes, adjusting to the light.

After my eyes finally adjust to the light, I have no clue where I am.

Then I remembered.

I was raped last night.

I tried not to cry but it didn't work. I curl up into a little ball and cry for about 15 minutes.

I ran out of tears and decided to get up. I look for my phone and see that it was by the bed. When I turn it on, the first thing I saw was the time, which was 10:32, I look to see if I had any notifications and I did.

Wait rose what do you mean

Where are you

Are you being serious

Rose answer me

There were many more about 34 messages in all and 52 calls. They were all from Jack. What did I text him? I go through the text and see what I texted him. Now he knows. I get up and whip the dry tears from my face, probably smearing makeup all over my face. I put on my clothes and head downstairs.

When I go make it downstairs and see that everything is trashed, I found Elizabeth passed out on the couch.

"Elizabeth, wake up," I said pushing her "We gotta go home"

She groaned in protest when she finally opened her eyes and found my face, she was then wide awake

"Holy shit Rose! What happened to your face" she said.

"Come, we have to go," I said ignoring her question

"Okay, just let me find my keys," She said, she started to get up.

She found her keys and we made our way to the car. After about 5 minutes of silence, Elizabeth asked;

"Where did you go last night? What happened to you? Why is your makeup smearing" she was worried about me, but I just can't talk about it right now

"Can we please not talk about last night? I-I just can't talk about it." I said looking out the window.

"Rosie, you know I wouldn't judge you, I'll always be here for you, through thick and thin." She said

"I know, it just too soon," I said

"Okay, we are going to my house to clean you up, cause honestly, you look like shit." She said, trying to lighten the mood. I gave a small smile.

We get to her house and we go to her room. She gives me a spare change of clothes and a towel. I gave her another small smile and leave to go to the bathroom.

I undress and look at the damage on my body. I have 2 big handprint bruises on my hips and wrists and bites on my neck and my belly and one light bruise on my neck. Also, there were the scars on my wrist from 7 years ago. I'm sore from losing my v-card and I'm hungover. I decide that I should take pictures of the bruises, just in case.

I started the shower and waited until it warmed. When it was finally warm I got in.

I started getting flashbacks to where he touched me. I start to scrub my body. Everywhere he touched me. Until it turned red.

After I felt like I was clean, I started washing my hair.

Elizabeth's Pov

I wonder what wrong with Rosie. She was so quiet on the way back to my house. And the bruise on her neck and wrist.

Right now she's in the shower. I decided to snoop around. I had to get her phone, which unfortunately her phone was in the bathroom with her.

Its good thing I'm sneaky. I tip-toe into the bathroom and take her phone. I also have my fingerprint saved in it so I can get in. The first this that pops up is her camera, so I look through her camera roll.

What I see shocked me. There were more bruises. I went to her messages and see who she recently texted. It was Jack.

Jack-

Where are you

Answer me

What happened

Why did you say that

I texted him

Me: Jack, this is Elizabeth what happened?

Jack: I don't know if what she was saying was the truth or not

Me: What did she say?

Jack: She hasn't told you?

Me: No, we have barely talked, She says she can't talk about it.

Jack: She'll tell you, someday

Me: Look, Jack, I know that Rose puts on the tough act but she is actually very vulnerable, and if she is going through something, she can't go through it alone. She might not make it if she goes through something dark again.

Jack: What do you mean again?

Me: I can't tell you, I have to go. Just whatever she is going through, don't let her go through it alone.

Is that last thing I say before deleting all the messages that I sent.