Chapter 30: The Livingston's Unceremonious Return

DON'T FORGET TO

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT

This is a first draft. There will be errors and grammatical mistakes until it has gone through the editing process.

"Rachel, I didn't know you could braid." I say as we sat on the floor in the great room watching an episode of Jake and the Neverland pirates.

"Yeah. Just a little hobby I picked up. Nothing too fancy." She said fighting a blush. She hands me a small mirror while holding a larger one up, so I can see the reflection of head.

"You really did a good job," I breathed out satisfied at the two French braids that have somehow been braided into an elegant crown nestling against the high bun atop my head.

"You're so pretty Lee. Your natural color definitely suits you."

"Ah, buttercup."

"So what time is this event? Seven, eight? Is it an all-night time thing?" She asked switching subjects to hide her embarrassment. I smile. I knew exactly how she felt.

"Its at five so I'll probably leave here around four-thirty."

"Wait—whaaat?" She says with wide eyes.

"Something wrong?"

"I have a doctor's appointment. I can't put it off." She says wringing her hands.

Of fuck! I felt like a total ass. What was I going to do about Tyler?

"My appointment is at four-fifteen too."

Oh great. I'm sure I could bring him. Damn. He doesn't have a suit. Will there be other children there? I grab my phone off the kitchen island and shoot Samuel a quick text.

'I have to bring Tyler. My nanny won't be available.'

I huff and puff as I wait for his response. I'm on the verge of calling him when my phone dings.

'That's fine. There will be some children there. Probably not as young as him.'

'Okay.'

'He's a smart kid. He'll be fine.'

Bleh. Was that his go to phrase for every damn thing? He'll be fine. Men.

'I bet you'll read those emails lol'

I frown sending him a meh emoji. Jerk. I didn't need a lecture. Now, I just have to find a cute little suit for Tyler, and then everything will be fine. I better let Ashton know there will be a plus one.

I smile looking at my baby. He's looks so dapper, and fit right in all that other word charm. I certainly wasn't ready to mingle. My skin crawled at the thought of Missus Tipton being there. The woman practically accosted me in the bathroom. What I once thought were beautiful features had been tainted, now she was just as ugly as the rest.

"Mommy is this going to be boring."

"Maybe a little. You have to remember that mommy will be working. This is for work."

"Okay." He mumbles pulling at his bowtie. "Will there be other kids."

"There may be. I don't know bud."

"Okay." He says his shoulder sinking.

"Don't you want to see what mommy does at work." Hmm no response. "Ashton will be there."