Chapter 28: Crazy, A Hard Place, and Hot Fever

DON'T FORGET TO

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT

This is a first draft. There will be errors and grammatical mistakes until it has gone through the editing process.

My heart is raging, and my chest is working overtime doing compressions to keep the organ contained. I swallow thickly, my mouth is dry the saliva sticking like a white film in my mouth. Breath Lee. He can't do anything to you girl. You're dating Ashton.

"What do you want? I have a date." I say coldly. Yee-ha! How I managed to say those words without my voice trembling, is beyond me.

"Nice try." Is his cool reply. It sends chills through me. He couldn't know that I wasn't going to meet with Ashton today. But that was Alexander's problem. He thought he knew everything pertaining to me, when he knew jack shit.

"I see you've made quite the number of changes."

He's probably talking about the pale blonde tresses spewing from my head.

"Not really." I say giving him a noncommittal shrug before my gaze of boredom settle on his icy one.

"What? I'm not good enough?" he say leaning back and stretching as he sips from his short glass of scotch.

"What on earth are you talking about?" I explode staring irate at him. "What fucking part of married do you not understand?!" I say breaking form as my hands move wildly about in front of me. "It was a job Alexander. Nothing more. Nothing less."

"So, if I get a divorce."

"Wha—What? No! I'm happy with Ashton." I say incredulously. He is crazy. There is no us. I don't want there to be a us. I am over him. Him and his cruelty. Besides, I knew a sociopath with I saw one. Then throw lying pathologically on top, it was enough to send me running to the edge of the world. Oh...wait it was round. Well you get my drift.

"Just let it go. I am not yours to command, nor do I want to be."

"You haven't heard the last of me."

"If you want a fight Alexander you will get one. I'm not backing down."

"Get out."

"Gladly."

I climb out of the car with my mind in complete disarray. He was really insane. Hasn't anyone ever told him no? Why me? Why?! I've already waisted precious memories and years on hiding from the Livingstons. I'll be damn if I'm forced to run again. I won't! I walk on shaky legs towards my vehicle. Once I seated behind the steering wheel, I take a moment to collect myself. Geez. I'm such an ugly cryer. One look at my face, and people can tell the waterworks were in full force.

"Shit!" I croak. "That two timing son-of a bitch needs to back the fuck off!" I was going to have to come clean to Ashton, and my stomach dropped at the thought. If he left me, I'll understand. This was why I shouldn't let men get too close. It never worked out. I always made poor choices when it came to the opposite sex. I cut the radio on, and I wallow at the melancholy song emitting from the speakers. No. I shouldn't get all depress. I better give Ashton a call the sooner, the better.

"Mommy!"

"Hey sweetheart! Kisses!" I shout sweeping Tyler into my arms. I smile into his vivid green eyes as his small hands land on my cheeks. "Your squishing me." I say as he smooshes my cheeks together and my tongue shoots out my mouth. He giggles, and I go cross-eyed causing more laughter to erupt from him.