Chapter 7: Dashing Dreams

DON'T FORGET TO...

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT

This is a first draft. There will be errors and grammatical mistakes until it has gone through the editing process.

Chapter 7: Dashing dreams

"Hi Ma! Hi pa!" I said greeting my parents. I did miss them and the farm. I ran outside to say hello to Clara. My cow. The sun shined brightly, it rays dancing along my skin and filling me with his warmth. I stepped outside only to see the farm was empty. Instead the Austin skyline flickered over the horizon. What? My eyes must be playing tricks on me. I rubbed them when suddenly the scene changed.

My parents' frowning faces met my own.

"Ma? Pa? What's wrong?" I asked confused.

"You're never going back to that city. Your place is here on this farm." Pa said sternly.

"No!" I shouted in horror thinking of Jace. I burst out of the front door only to run into a brick wall. "Ray! Ray! Ray!" I shouted hot tears blazing down my face. Where was Ray?!

I jerked in the tub. Geez. What a terrible dream to have. The water was still warm so I hadn't been asleep for very long. I hadn't even realized I fell asleep.

I quickly washed up before drying off and getting dress. I wanted to see what Sophia was up to. Leaving Jace sleeping quietly, I slip away.

My eyes widened at the thumping of music from the speakers and the flow of alcohol from the bar while people flooded the great room and spilled out into the backyard. What was going on? Was I still dreaming? Where was Sophie?

"Ameila!" Sophie exclaimed in surprised as she entered the great room from outside.

"What's going on?" I asked her as she waved a girl off and we walked towards the kitchen.

"House party. What are you doing? I thought you were sleeping?"

"No. I took a bath." I answered without thinking.

"What?!" she said her eyes round as saucers. Snatching my hand, she dragged me away from the booming s music towards her room. "You didn't?!" she said shouting at me.

"What?" I asked completely thrown by her change of tone.

"That son of a bitch!" she roared.

I simply stared at Sophie's colorful language.

"Stay here!" she demanded, before leaving the room.

Did I do something wrong? Maybe, I should go lay down. Jace was sleeping anyway. It sounded good to me. I left Sophie's room returning to the party only to find her in the butler's pantry with Jace. I thought he was sleeping.

"What do you think you're playing at?"

"Sophie, calm down."

"No. She is my friend. She isn't part of your game Jace!" Sophie screech fury in her eyes.

I stepped closer. What on in tarnation? It was the first time I'd seen Sophie so angry at her brother. I didn't like seeing the siblings fight. I stepped into room.

"Hey guys, I'm sure whatever it is, we can work it out." I said confuse by the look of disbelief Sophie shoots me.

"How long have you been there?" Jace asked.

Why did he look so worried? And guilty?

"Not long." I answered. "But Jace, whatever game you're playing it stops." I said coming to Sophie's defense. It couldn't have been very nice if she's so upset. "It's not nice. Sophie is so upset. Why would you do anything to hurt your sister like that? I thought you were better than that."