Chapter 22: Alexander's Return

DON'T FORGET TO

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT

This is a first draft. There will be errors and grammatical mistakes it has gone through the editing process.

"Damn its early." After my date with Ashton last night, I could hardly sleep. The man promised to call me sometime this week. Now my thoughts were racing with what are we. Was it too soon to be anybody. Where we dating? Monogamous. Not that I was gamous anything. After kicking Alexander aside, I had closed that door once more. What would I do if he called? Not a damn thing! The bastard was married. I sat on my terrace with a cup of coffee watching the sunrise. Things were working in my favor and I was second guessing myself, because they'd always been so hard. Is that stupid?

I hope Samuel was ready for an early playdate because I plan to spend the day with my son and our epic date of course.

"Wow! Where are we going?" Tyler ask after spotting the skyscraper buildings stretching into the limitless sky.

"Uh, a co-worker of mines house." I say a little surprised myself. I didn't know Samuel lived in a high-rise downtown. No wonder, the man was always doing things at his leisure and dwandling around after work. He lived within walking distance!

"I think this is the place." I say unsurely as I spot the bellman at the entrance. I was prepared to take off when he waves me down.

I roll down the passenger window as he approaches.

"Mister Kingston says he's expecting you."

"Alright."

"Just step out of the car and valet will take care of it." He said waving down a young man that just climbed out of a car.

"Thank you."

I leave the car keys in the ignition. I don't like the feeling of someone waiting on me, because it makes me feel rush and I nearly always forget something.

"Oh, forget it." I say giving up as I grab my phone and climb out of the driver say. I hurry to the backseat and unbuckle my baby, before entering in the rotating doors.

"This place is so modern." I say stopping to take a seat on modern furniture.

"Let me text Samuel and let him know I'm here."

I spot the hotel reception regarding me with shifty eyes, as if I'm a homeless person off the street looking for a place to rest my head. And even if I was, kindness would work better in that situation. I stand up and grab Tyler's hand. We approach the desk.

"Can I help you?"

Her hair is pulled back in a bun, there were no lose tresses Her large brown eyes regard me quietly and I push my snarkiness aside.

"Sure. Samuel Kingston is expecting me."

But before she could ring his room, he's calling me from the elevator doors.

"Amelia! You finally came. Is that the little guy?"

"I'm Tyler!" he says with indignation and I chuckle.

"Come tell me all about yourself, Tyler." Samuel says and I can't help but grin as Tyler runs toward the elevator. I scurry after them, and I tear is nearly brought to my eyes. This could have been Jace with our child. At times, I often wonder, what things would have been like if Jace had believe me. If I had been allowed to stay on the farm.