Chapter 17: New Beginnings

DON'T FORGET TO

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT

I never expected to be staying in a luxury home with the ocean right outside my front door. I was sure my soul shriveled up and escaped through my ear canal, when the realtor told me the place came fully furnished. All I had to do was show up.

I inquired about the mortgage payment and she stated it would remained the same as if I purchase the condo. This was good, because if she told me there wasn't any payment I would have ran as fast as I could away from this place.

Now I stood in my new master suite gaping at the oversize bed. A California-king? It was a beautiful soft canopy bed with sheer pale blue curtains. A plush thick white area rug lent the room some color, and a beautiful deck that hosted a small table and two chairs led from the bedroom. The view was so stunning. Would I even be able to leave this view to work?

"Maybe everything happened to lead me to this moment." I said trailing my hands across the sleek white quartz countertops in the master bedroom. I studied my reflection. My violet eyes stared back at me filled with emotion, I could tell I was due for another dye. I was going to hold off. Once I was here, I was going to revert to my pale blonde hair. I wanted to be me. I didn't have to worry about running into anyone from iBots. And I would be far from Mister Tipton. I would be free.

+++

"Wow." Rachel whispered.

"Cool!" Tyler screamed before racing inside. The move was a lot cheaper since the home came already furnished and everything would belong to me. I'd yet to tell Tasha about the new luxury home. She probably would think it was fishy, and I did to a certain extent, but why kick a gifted horse in the mouth.

"Alright, let's have a look around."

"Mom! The beach is right outside! We get ta be pirates!" Tyler screamed in excitement pointing at the beautiful crystal blue water.

"Let's go find your room and Rachel's then maybe we'll take a look outside. Tyler's room was located on the opposite side of the house, away from the master bedroom. His room is a beautiful soft green color with a mixture of light browns and white. It was very beautiful.

"This is a big bed mommy!" He said climbing onto the full-size bed.

"Then I suppose, we'll have to get you some friends to hang out."

"I can have a Jake?" he said glee swimming in those beautiful green eyes. I kissed his nose and chuckled as he jumped back and grabbed it. He smiles adoringly at me and then embraces me.

"Of course, son. Mommy loves you."

"Love you too." He said as his ears bleed red and he hides his embarrassment.

"We'll get some posters, and maybe even a nautical wheel." I added. My eyes flickered towards Rachel, who's patiently waiting in the doorway.

"There's two rooms available down the hall. Pick whichever one you like and the extra room can be used as a guest suite. Each bedroom comes with a bathroom attached."

"Lee, I really don't know what to say."

"It's okay. Look, I've been in your shoes before. Well, with needing some help." I said shrugging my shoulders. "If it wasn't for Tasha, I don't know where I'll be. So, you being here, and able to take care of Tyler is good." I said scratching the back of my neck. I was getting emotional and I hated dealing with them. They made me want to gag "I don't trust anyone with my kid. Tasha and you being the only two. So, just don't ever give me a reason not to. Kay."