Chapter 5: Mystery Man and Hidden Notes

DON'T FORGET TO

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT

This is a first draft. There will be errors and grammatical mistakes until it has gone through the editing process.

I groaned as I finally get Tyler into bed for his late afternoon nap.

"Thank god! A fucking moment to myself!" I exclaimed as I through my worn body on the couch with a bucket of oreo ice cream. I just cut on an episode of NCIS when my cellphone rings. "Oh for fucks sake!" I grumbled getting up to grab it off the kitchen counter.

"What!" I whined into the phone seeing Natasha's number flash.

"Don't be such a crab ass. You know that place I was telling you about that pays really good."

"Yeah."

"Well, someone walked off and they need a replacement. Apparently, they've got some major VIP guess coming out and they can't afford to be shorthanded."

"Ugh. I don't know. I'm watching NCIS with oreo cookie ice-cream." I said slowly into the phone.

"Get your cow milk eating ass down there right now. Fifteen dollars an hour!"

"Well, bitch why didn't you say so!" I said running into the bathroom dragging a brush through my blackened tresses. "Where are you?" I gripe into the phone as I stubbed my toe on the corner of the door. "Son of a mutha fucker!" I whispered towards the end as Tyler's bed room was close to the bathroom and with these paper-thin walls I was certain he could hear me sneeze.

"Outside the door. Hurry up and let me in."

"Fine. Bye."

"Took you long enough," Natasha said casting a critical eye at me. I grinned at her before pulling her into a hug.

"You really are too good to me." I mumbled into her neck.

"Aww, not true. It's time for you to receive your blessings. It's better than the eleven dollars an hour you make with me along with your tips. Hopefully this place is a little better. You know I worry about you."

"I know Tasha." I said sniffing into her neck. Geez, I was starting to get disgust myself with all this emotional bullshit. Ick!

"Alright, let me take a good look at you." A forlorn look crossed her face. "I really wished you would keep your natural hair color. It's so pretty and so many people would kill for it."

"I know it. I just...I don't know. I prefer the black." I said wanting the reasoning behind it.

"Alright." She said quietly.

I wanted to let my baby sleep, but I couldn't help peeking into his room to see his sleeping face. My heart twisted in my chest, he looks so much like him. I groaned trying to avoid screaming as all the unwanted memories bubble up towards the surface.

No I won't think. I can't!

Even though these words came flying toward the forefront of my mind the images burst behind my eyelids and I'm thrown into the past. Into a place of sunshine and daises before darkness sank its talons into me, turning me into something more. Something jaded.

Another week has passed, making this my third week. I was excelling at the internship and spending time between playing in Jared's lab and heavy makeout sessions with Jace. We hadn't gone any further than kissing, although something inside of me burned and was curious to see what was next. It was impossible for me to tell him no. He was such a smooth talker and his smile always melted my heart and made me smile. He had me wrapped around his fingers and he knew it. It was early Saturday morning and I laid on the lounge sofa near the window gazing at the busy city below.