Chapter 21: A Prose of Liturgy

DON'T FORGET TO

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT

This is a first draft. There will be errors and grammatical mistakes until it has gone through the editing process.

I sit in my chair, and I'm signing into my hands when I hear Samuel drag my name out.

"Ah-meil—yah," he says slowly.

I scrunch my shoulders and pretend to be invisible. Where were Tyler's invisible sunglasses when I needed them?

"You! You never came!" He said pointing accusingly at me. I feel the guilt swirl inside of me before spilling over.

"I got busy with Tyler, on Friday."

"Sure, sure."

"I'm just swamp. The summer is almost over. I have to enroll him in school and what not."

"When was his birthday?"

"In April. I've never done this before."

"Kassi works with high school students. Yeah, I know." He says spotting my expression. "They can be little shits. She's looking into teacher college soon. She's working on a PhD program now."

"You've got yourself a go getter."

"Yeah I do. But look, you can talk to her and she could help you out. So, you should visit this weekend."

"Okay, uh, but. Oh, never mind." I say hoping he just drops it.

"Huh? What's this? Busy?" He says slyly coming over to lean on my shoulder

"No. Well—I mean yes. I mean no. Ah lawd, I don't know what I mean." I say giving up and placing my head in my hands.

"Do tell young one. Is it a date?"

"Pftt! Nooo!" I say jerking up as my blush gives me away.

"It totally is. You're such a terrible liar Amelia!" He sang.

"You dirty hobo! Why are you bothering me?"

"I love the way you talk to your superior."

"You're a senior analyst! Not much power!" I say appalled that he's figure me out so quickly. "You are so mean!" I whisper yell as the rest of the office begins to trickle in. "Eviiiiil!" I hiss.

"Mwah ha ha!" he fires back.

"Looks like you'll be paying us a visit this weekend, otherwise, I might sing a beautiful melodic tune of how a sweet girl by the name of Amelia is going on a date."

"Oo—you—ugh!"

"I know, I leave you speechless."

"Speechless, doesn't even cover it." I mutter as I roll my eyes.

"When is it?"

"Friday night."

"Making sure you meet somewhere public. Don't let him pick you up."

"Okay." I say not even thinking that far ahead. I guess Samuel can be of use sometimes.

"What's that giggle for."

"Just thinking...that you can be pretty useful at times."

"Your welcome."

I squeeze my eyes shut, smiling to myself before I begin proofreading the proposals.