Chapter 15: Lee Sanders

DON'T FORGET TO

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT

This is a first draft. There will be errors and grammatical mistakes until it has gone through the editing process.

It's been two weeks since my poignant breakdown in the car. Alexander...eer Mister Tipton has not contacted me since the incident, and I haven't gotten any calls from the 'bar restaurant' place. Instead, I've been helping Natasha with the expansion of her café, while thinking of areas I wanted to live. I knew I wanted to move to a place that was a hub for technological giants. Silicon Valley, was definitely off the list. I probably couldn't even afford to live in a trashcan. I didn't want to move anywhere where I had to deal with snow and ice. Austin, Texas remember. I couldn't drive in the shit and I doubted if my rust bucket of a car would survive. It was probably time to get rid of the old girl.

I guess, that left Florida or California. I would more than likely have to tough it out in a suburb. I was currently sitting at a quiet Starbucks on a Saturday afternoon enjoying a nice Colombia blend. I even went to the next town over. I wanted to avoid Alexander at all cost, and although Austin was massive, I felt like the man could find me anywhere. Who the fuck was I kidding? I had no willpower. Therefore, I had to put distance between us. A couple of states to be exact!

I opened my laptop, might as well see what the market is like. Geez look at these prices! I don't think I can afford a single-family home. Didn't think Stuart, Florida could be so expensive. It wasn't as bad as downtown Austin. I write down the number of a real-estate agent for a three-bedroom condo that held two bathrooms. Both walls would be shared, but I was used to sharing them with apartment buildings anyway. I minimize the window, as my computer gives a soft ding, alerting me that I've received an email.

I gasped in surprise, as I check my email. They were going to award me the certificates and even the associates, as long as I passed all the assessments. I knew that wouldn't be a problem. This is amazing! Things, they were going to work out. I had accumulated about twenty thousand dollars between Alexander, Shana and Mister Courtier. My luck was really changing. I feel my eyes burning as I'm overwhelmed with joy. A smile blooms across my face and I feel this insurmountable weight on my shoulders melt away. I want to throw my head back and scream my news to the world, to my family. I can do it. I can provide a good life for my son. The tech field was always growing and changing and I was certain that I could get tuition reimbursement once I'm hired on in a firm if I wanted to further my education. Hopefully, I can establish good relationships with these professors and perhaps become an understudy while I work. With Rachel coming along for the ride as a live-in nanny, it could certainly work.

I took a sip from my cup and pause as a nice black luxury car rolls pass. One day, I'll be able to give that to my child. I turn my eyes away from the vehicle and reply to the email before paying and leaving to give the news to my growing family.

I enter the small space. It's quiet. I walk over to the small kitchen area and I spot the note. She took him to the park. They should be home in a half an hour. Okay, good. This gives me a chance to prepare my pitch. Hopefully, sandy beaches and Disneyland being within reach is a good incentive for Rachel to come along for the ride. I wasn't sure how she felt about relocating states. My plan wouldn't work without her. And I'm stubborn. I don't like change. Rachel has been sitting Tyler for so long, and I just didn't trust anyone else with him. I'm becoming hyperaware, and my nerves are eating like meth eating through the enamel and bone of your teeth.

Why don't I make that phone call about the house? But what if its prematurely? Oh, what the hell.

"Hello, I wanted to inquire about your home, a three-bedroom two bath condo in the Stuart, Florida?"