Chapter 16: Business is Business

DON'T FORGET TO

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT

This is a first draft. There will be errors and grammatical mistakes until it has gone through the editing process.

"Mom! I want to come too!" Tyler whines as I rush about the hotel room getting ready. I'm gripping a bobby pin between my teeth, as I use the brush to smooth out the strands of hair over the sock bun. Now for the complicated part. Grabbing the hair tie, I push it gently over and around the sock bun, before twisting my hair and wrapping it around it. My lips are finally free as I secure my hair with the bobby pin.

"I know bud, but I have to see the house first. If I like and it's enough space for us, then we'll try to get it.

"Then we get to be pirates!"

"And I'll let you be first mate."

"No mom! I'm the captain."

"Sure, sure." I said chuckling as I give my reflection one last look. I'm dressed in a pair of khaki slacks and white-collar shirt and some black slip on shoes. I look like I'm on my way to a job interview, instead of a viewing a house.

"You think it's too much? I asked Rachel as she comes in.

"I don't know." She said shrugging her shoulders. I frown.

"Tasha!" I hollered and I smile as I watch her image appear in the mirror. "What do you think?"

"Its fine. C'mon. We don't want to be late."

"Looks good, Lee. It's in on a nice block. The street is not too busy. And you are not too far from shops or restaurants."

"It does look good. The white wash brick exterior isn't a bad look. Kind of give it a beach feel. I guess. Are we wasting our time? What if I can't get a loan?" I say my nerves eating at me. I didn't know the first thing about buying a house.

"It's okay. We'll work that out when the time comes. It usually takes at least thirty days to close on a house. So, we have some time, but not much."

"I want to move as soon as possible." I say thinking about Alexander, eer Mister Tipton. I hated to think I was even running from the man, but I just got to get away.

"Hopefully parking is covered with this place."

"Shit! I didn't even think of it." I said as my eyes flitted up and down the street. I did not want to do the long journey home, every time I needed to find a parking spot. We get out of the black Nissan Natasha drove, and entered the condo complex.

I smile at the modern and contemporary touches, impressed with the waiting area, and private security. Could I really afford this?

"Hi!"

"Hello, I'm Lee and this is Natasha." I say spotting the realtor. I nearly chuckle out loud. The realtor possessed sun-kissed skin and large almond color eyes with thick black hair.

"I'm Sofia Sanchez. Let's take a look," she said smiling and shaking Natasha's hand. We mumble more greetings before heading up to the third floor.

"You don't mind being on the third floor?"

"I'm not sure. Doesn't bother me. Tyler can walk. And we do have the elevator, so it shouldn't be too bad if I have groceries." I say as we all clambered out of the elevator and onto the third floor. The door is simple and white. The realtor inserts the key and we enter.