Chapter 27: Cat of the Hour

DON'T FORGET TO

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT

This is a first draft. There will be errors and grammatical mistakes until it has gone through the editing process.

I enter the ladies room and I smile as Mozart is bleeding from the speakers. It's light, fun and refreshing. I hurry to the toilets and handle my business.

"This is one public restroom I ain't got to worry about." I mumble, watching my reflection in the mirror. My pale blonde tresses have been pulled back into a high ponytail and my eyes are happy for once. It's strange looking at my pale blonde tresses, I dyed my hair for so long to hide from the Livingstons and keep a low profile; it's a breath of fresh air to just be me.

"You're okay. Lee you're doing good."

My heart swelled in happiness. There were still some things I needed to investigate, like the situation regarding my home, and reaching out to the Livingstons again. I wasn't afraid. I could finally stand on my own two feet, and there was nothing they could do. Jace signed away all parental rights. I was safe. We were okay.

I'd just dried my hands on one of the softest towels I'd ever felt when the door opens, and a beautiful woman stares at me with cruelty and disdain. My flesh crawled as sweat pepper my brow as my eyes travel up the beautiful form of Alexander's wife.

Shit. I'm in trouble.

"I expected more from the woman sleeping with my husband."

The words are cold, empty and straight forward. She has every right to be upset, but she didn't have any proof. And it was only twice, and I didn't even get to fucking cum! So ha! Take that! I would never admit to pursuing anything with Alexander, it would be the end of everything I worked so hard for, and I wasn't ready to tell Ashton about my sordid past.

"Ma'am I don't know what you're talking about." I say putting on a serene mask even though my inner girl was cursing that asshole to the fiery pits of hell.

Keep calm Lee. No need to open your mouth.

"The hell you don't!" she says spinning me around as I walked around her. It really got my inner bitch going when someone dares to put their hands on me.

"Hey lady! I ont' like where ya hands ar! Now get em' off me before I rip him and beat you with em."

"You beast!" She gasps in horror taking a step back as wariness enters her eyes.

"You damn right." I say as a manic grin stretch across my face and she grab at her necklace. I roll my eyes, before stepping through the door. I don't want her fucking jewelry anyway. Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath to center myself. That was too close. I didn't think she had anything to stand on.

"Wow. It's not every day I hear cattiness bleeding from the bathroom walls."

"Uh oh." I say as my eyes fly open and I stare at the petite man with coal black hair and vivid green eyes. They were quite a startling combination.

"Don't worry hon, I won't say anything. These lips are sealed. Besides, I got a chance to hear someone finally put Maria in her place. She's such a bully if you ask me. If she spots anyone that looks like a threat, she quick to destroy them, before they even get a chance to bloom."

"Oh." I say thinking of the wicked and evil witch that poisoned Snow White with the apple.

"Not much of a talker are you."

Mine (Editing)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें