Orlando Bloom x Reader

Start from the beginning

   Tears formed in my eyes, because I had just realized what just happened to me. I spent months at a time praying to God and telling him everything, even the worst moments of my life. I was over a fashion line for African American women, but I had received much criticism about it.
  I had been feeling like quitting and even moving back home, but I don't think it was a coincidence that my uncertainty had just been answered for me.

  Julia smiled at me as more tears fell down my face.

  All I did was nod to her and squeeze her hand, before she said,"I'm not really sure what that meant to you, but I have a feeling it was very beneficial. They say we old folks can never be useful."

  I shook my head and wiped the tears that had fell down my face, but they continued right after I wiped the first ones away.

  I said to her,"I..I..Thank you. You're useful. At least to me. T..Thank you for..for talking to me."

  Ms. Julia nodded, and Orlando finally greeting his fans. He noticed my tears and immediately looked at Ms. Julia, but I just hugged his neck.

  Orlando hugged me back, and I broke down saying,"O..Orlando, I..I'm going to..to continue my line. Just..Just promise me to be..be here for me."

  I pulled away from the hug, and Orlando smiled down at me then at Ms. Julia.

  He said,"Of course. What made you change your mind?"

  Ms. Julia said to Orlando,"A miracle, Mr. Bloom. A miracle. Say, do you still know Johnny Depp?"

  I laughed through my tears, and Orlando said,"I do. Why, ma'am?"

  Ms. Julia got up so fast, you wouldn't believe she was an older woman. Her looks didn't really show it, though, but there was nothing wrong with being in the older generation.

  She leaned on her cane and asked me,"Where does he live?"

  Orlando and I both laughed, but I asked Ms. Julia,"Would you mind coming with Orlando and I to get something to eat? On me. Of course."

  Ms. Julia sent me a smile, but she shook her head saying,"I would be honored, but I'm practically a stranger to you. I can't intrude in your own personal life."

  I admitted to Ms. Julia,"Please. I haven't really gotten much encouragement over these last few months. That meant a lot to me. Orlando knows it, too. The least I could do is buy a meal for you. Whether you're a stranger or not, God let you tell me that for a reason. I choose to trust you. Whether you want to respect that or not, we'll find out. Plus, I can get you to meet Johnny Depp."

  Ms. Julia hugged me, and I hugged her back, before Orlando led both of us to his car. I sat in the back, while I let Ms. Julia sit in the passenger seat.
  While we were on our way to find a restaurant to eat, I was reminded of how Ms. Julia previously told me about her daughter's love of Pirates of the Caribbean.

  I cleared my throat to gain her attention and I asked her,"Ms. Julia, so what's your daughter like?"

  Ms. Julia smiled and said,"She's tall, blue-eyed, and she loves to play any kind of sport. She's talented in many things, but she always struggled with being motivated. However, she ended up meeting a young man whom she had been seeing for quite a while. I never got a chance to meet him, but because we got into an argument. I didn't trust the man she was with because I had seen him with someone else. She claimed it was my old age, but I just wanted to stop her from getting too serious with him. She ended up leaving with him and I haven't seen her since."

  If I would've known that was going to be her answer, I would've just kept my mouth shut. However, the description and the story sounded so familiar to me. Of course it happened almost on a daily basis, yet it was almost like I knew her daughter.

  I exited the car, along with Ms. Julia, while Orlando went to find a parking spot.

  Ms. Julia and I sat down, before I said to her,"I'm sorry about asking about your daughter."

  She waved it off and Orlando walked in, just when we were led to a table. After we ordered the food, Ms. Julia kept on looking behind me.
  Orlando held my hand on top of the table and I turned to see Y/B/F/N. She was with a group of friends, who were not necessarily people that I was familiar with.

  Orlando leaned over and said,"Y/N, don't-"

  I whispered over to Orlando, while Ms. Julia was looking down at the menu," I can do something about it. This is the second coincidence today. The first being the timing of what Ms. Julia told me, and now this. Orlando, I have to. My mother was always behind me, Ms. Julia should have Y/B/F/N behind her."

  I got up from the table, and Ms. Julia grabbed my wrist.

  She sighed saying,"Y/N, sweetheart, it's okay. I don't want to make things worse. Just sit back down. I'll eat with you two and mind my own business."

  I turned around, and Ms. Julia let go of my wrist.

  I walked over to Y/B/F/N's table and she smiled at me saying,"Y/N, what are you doing here?!! You can join us. This is.."

  I cut her off by pulling her up and brought her over to Ms. Julia.

  The second Y/B/F/N saw her mother, she said,"Really, N/N!! You're interrupting my-"

  I pushed her down in my chair and held her there.

  Ms. Julia looked at her daughter and said to her,"Y/B/F/N, I am sorry for the way things turned out between us, but I was just trying to protect you. A few weeks before we had that talk, I had seen your boyfriend with another woman. He had recognized me, but I was going to tell you. When I did, you didn't believe me, and I would never lie to you. All I ever wanted was for you to be happy, but that wasn't going to last long with him."

  Y/B/F/N double blinked and tears formed in her eyes, then she said to her mother,"I..I know. I didn't want to listen then, but..but I should've. I found out a few weeks after I left, yet I..I couldn't come back home. I..I, eventually, ran into Y/N and she was there for me, but..but I didn't even tell her about Nathan. Y/N, I..I'm sorry I never told you. I was worried you would..would tell my mother and I would have to face her. Like I do now. You were right, Mother. I..I'm so sorry. Will you accept my apology?"

  I rested my hands on Y/B/F/N's shoulders and squeezed them, before Ms. Julia had tears in her own eyes.
I moved out of the way and Ms. Julia embraced her daughter. I don't know if she forgave Y/B/F/N, but something told me they would get there. One day.

  Orlando pulled me in his lap and wrapped his arms around my waist saying,"You're amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better girlfriend or wife.."

  I smiled, but I almost did not caught what Orlando just said.

  I looked him in the eyes, and he took both my hands saying,"Marry me?"

  I was not sure I heard Orlando right, yet he got down on one knee in front of everyone.

  I put my hand over my mouth, and he said,"I wasn't exactly planning on asking you this today, but after what I just witnessed, I have to ask you today. You may be asked this again, but not by me. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I had to be reminded of you becoming someone else's wife. I need your love, compassion, and courage in my life. Most importantly, it would be a great help to me. I need you. Period. Y/N M/N L/N, will you marry me?"

  Tears poured down my face and I pulled Orlando up, placing my lips on his own.
  Orlando kissed back and slid the ring on my finger, before I wrapped my arms around his neck.

  The whole restaurant cheered, while our waited was still holding our food on the tray. Waiting for us to sit down.
  Ms. Julia sent me a wink and Y/B/F/N blew me a kiss, before I pulled away from the kiss.

  Orlando hugged me, lifting me off the ground for a few moments. I just enjoyed this moment, because they didn't come often. Today had been full of surprises for me. Good ones, so I could never forget one second of today. Something told me, this was only a few of the greater things to come.