23: Walkers, Walkers, Walkers

Start from the beginning

I saw Carl was already down there. I avoided him. I didn't know what to do so I went to the platform where all of Daryl's stuff was because he refused to sleep in a cell. So, I sat up there maintaining complete silence for a while but eventually the big door creaked and I saw they were all back.

I went down the stairs and gave Daryl a big hug. I am now making a point to make sure I give him a hug before and after he leaves each time. I saw what happened to Hershel and if that were to happen to Daryl I'd wanna make sure I gave him a hug first.

Although I know Hershel's gonna pull through. He's the toughest old man I've ever seen.

A few hours passed and everyone had calmed down. I learned that only two of the prisoners got to survive. Their names were Axel and Oscar.

"Hey Daryl, Carol might've already talked to you about this but I just wanted to let you know that Carl and I snuck out and went to the infirmary. We killed two walkers and got the rest of the supplies that were in there." I said.

"Uh, she hasn't. Okay. Well honestly I'm not mad, I know you can take care of yourself. Plus that kids always got your back. Just tell someone where you're going next time." He said.

"Okay, I'll be sure to tell someone but I wouldn't count on Carl having my back anymore." I said becoming quiet.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I don't know. He's mad at me for something, I don't know what I did but I just want things back to normal." I said.

"Oh, I'm sorry kiddo." He said.

"Oh, its not your fault. I'm sure everything will be okay, well I don't think there will be much interaction between him and I but its all good." I said and I walked off to my cell to fall asleep, which I did.

------------MORNING--------------

I woke up and ignored everyone for a few hours. Rick, Daryl, and Glenn were out in the field doing whatever.

Hershel finally got up and could walk with crutches of course. He walked out to the courtyard with the assistance of Lori, Beth, and Carol, Carl and I were with them too. I stayed quiet the whole time while everyone else was cheering Hershel on for walking. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for him I'm just not in the best mood today. Rick, Glenn, and Daryl all waved at Hershel. I sat at a picnic table and looked out into the field.

Suddenly Carl turned around and shouted "Walkers!"

Everyone's heads snapped around and saw the walkers. The gate that held the walkers in it was opened.

Maggie, Lori, and Carl all went into the prison, little do I know where to. T-Dog went to shut the gate and a walker bit his shoulder. Carol joined T-Dog and they went into the prison via another door. Beth and Hershel stayed on the courtyard and went into some gated area.

"C'mon Emma!" Beth and Hershel shouted out at the same time.

"I gotta go find Carl, if something happens to him I wont be able to live with myself, I love him. If I don't come back tell Daryl I love him and I'll see him again someday." I said as I ran to go into the same door he went in.

"Emma! No!" They shouted in unison once more.

They were too late, I for sure am not letting anything happen to Carl.

Daryl's P.O.V

We get to the courtyard and see that the once opened gate is now closed. There was some sort of blood in there near something that was devoured. I couldn't tell what it was since it was devoured.