Chapter 16

Manvi was shaken beyond limits when he grabbed her instead and hugged her tight to himself, so tight that she thought that her bones might crush if she dared move. She didn't move not to even respond to his gesture, she was tangled in her own dilemma, her anger which was the main reason for her to send Pooja to college and visit him before going to college, her confusion on his sudden changed behavior then the way her body was reacting to his proximity. She gave up her anger... Who could blame the poor girl? But she was confused... this hug was so unexpected, she was expecting him to react totally opposite. She was drowning, drowning in his warmth, forgetting everything wasn't new for her when he was this close to her, but this physical proximity was something else altogether, Manvi closed her eyes as she moved her arms around his shoulder and took hold of his hair in the back of his head, his hair, silky and tingly in her tight fist.

Virat didn't move, he felt tranquil, his mind blank but his heart at peace... He knew that he was hugging Manvi but he refused to acknowledge anything else other than her petite arms which were holding him, why did it feel so good to be held by her?

Manvi was in a rather uncomfortable position, she was bending on her knee but her weight was mostly carried by him, Virat was sitting on the bed but she was starting to worry about him carrying her weight even though she knew that she weighed very light, however she didn't want to break this trance, she didn't know the reason but something in her said that he needed this and to let him be.

Virat moved away a little bit while releasing her form but not completely, his arms were still around her and hers on his shoulders, she wanted to look at him but couldn't as she felt his gaze on her. Looking at his face when they were so close to each other was an obvious risk and she didn't want to take it, she was nervous and worried... a very bad combination of emotions believe it.

Virat was looking at her while there were many things running in his mind... He was so confused with his emotions when it comes to her and he didn't like it at all. He never understood her feelings or even her behavior before she confessed her feelings for him, her confession had come across as a shocker, but now when he thought of all those looks, smiles and care she showered him with it all looked pretty obvious, why he didn't point it out earlier he didn't know... May be he was too preoccupied or maybe ignorant. But when he did he just wanted to keep her out of his life, because he knew that he could never fall in love or do justice to any kind of relationship as he had failed in whatever the relationship he had, he had everything but he had nothing. Then he had to give in to the marriage proposal as that looked like a perfect route to escape many of his dilemmas. Sheena had told him everything about her in their first meeting itself and that's when he had planned out everything perfectly, he would help her get her way but she had to agree to play along with him till everything else worked out, it did too. Viren agreed to get married, his mother and dada ji stopped nagging him and Manvi was ready to get over him. Then Sheena's confession on the day before the engagement... that went well as he planned too... but he couldn't refuse but feel a little guilty for causing everyone so much distress, especially his mother... she was his mother after all... she might have abandoned him at a that point of life but somewhere in a corner he knew she was helpless and had done it wanting his own wellbeing. Then everything changed... every single thing changed after his accident... he was so emotionally vulnerable that he couldn't help but need to be loved, cared and held... not just by anyone but Manvi... he wanted all that from Manvi, he was so self-centered he didn't even think about what she would go through, what he was doing to her... he was blind and he was ashamed of himself now... How could he put her through something which he had gone through and knew what it could do to a person? She was so fragile, so caring, so adorable... he had known her throughout all these years... he had seen many sides of hers... all so enchanting and lovable. When did he become so ruthless to not to think about the people who loved him so much? Manvi, his mom, Viren and Dada ji and even Swamini bua... he had hurt them all, he had hurt everyone who loved him... now he understood how just a single happening in life could make or break a man, break in his case.