Chapter 33

Walking around the house, his eyes scanned the whole house for the person he had been longing to talk to, every step he took, his mind was getting dominated with a new question, he didn't know what he was feeling regarding her silent treatment or the way she was trying to keep him away, was she so desperate to create a distance that she even didn't want to be on his presence?' he didn't know what in particular hurt at that thought but it felt as if his whole body was under an evil torment.

Manvi who was lost in the conversation with Pooja didn't hear or notice Virat who was searching for her, she hung up the call with Pooja and turned to leave the room but was now standing in front of Virat who looked pretty hurt and confused, she avoided looking into his eyes, he had hurt her deeply, he had promised to share his pain and happiness with her, he had promised to treat her as a friend but he had broken it as if all those promises meant nothing for him... Maybe it really didn't' her heart said, and that single thought made her turn and walk away from him.

Virat tired to say something but didn't understand what he was supposed to say, he was so restless, so impatient but standing here in front of her, words refused to form and he didn't have any other option but to grab her arm to stop her from walking away.

When he held her arm... That moment she realized that it wasn't just the hurt of him breaking the promises he made, but it was also her helplessness of not being able to take him out of the darkness he was dwelling in, love for her was not just an emotion where you feel all tingly and enchanted, it was way more than some reactions and it was way more than pleasure and happiness. She wanted to be a part of his life, build a home with mutual acceptance and interest.

"Chodiye Virat ji," Manvi didn't want to turn, but she knew she had to, she knew that she had to make him see what she was going through.

Virat held her gaze as soon as she turned to look at him, they gazed at each other for long minutes, lost in each other's eyes, lost in the sea of emotions it carried, her eyes filled with helplessness and his eyes filled with confusions, what they both failed to notice was the love which was overpowered and covered by their own fault of reading and understanding each other's emotions. Manvi was too occupied in her own vulnerability of being unable to support the person she loved. Virat was too occupied in his own bewilderment about his feelings and her reactions to his presence lately.

Manvi tried to look beyond the confusion she witnessed in his gaze, she didn't understand why there were so many secrets and unvoiced emotions between them, she had tried, she had done everything which was possible, but she still couldn't break that invisible wall which was keeping them apart, and she was disappointed... and she didn't realize what disappointment in a relationship could do to them, you may try to ignore or subdue the feeling but you will not be able to stop it from influencing your actions. Manvi looked away breaking the eye lock and Virat tightened his hold on her. Manvi turned, she wondered how she was going to escape this situation without making a scene, and that was when he tugged her to him and wrapped his arms around her waist, her back pressed to his front, so tight that Manvi could feel his thumping heart along with hers.

Virat moved the soft pile of hair away from her shoulder, just so that he could graze her ear with his breath; Manvi felt her entire form shudder with ecstasy and nervousness, all the emotions she possessed so far long forgotten. Her lips trembled and eyes fluttered close.

Virat's eye's were covered to the world too, he wanted to feel the warmth she emanated, he wanted to know what really all of these meant to them, her petite and trembling self in his arms gave him what he was searching for days now, he didn't feel guilty for wanting her anymore, he didn't feel guilty for letting go of Roshni and bringing Manvi to his life. Roshni was special for him... she will always be, he knew in his heart, there will always be a part which will have Roshni in it, there will be a small amount of regret which will keep reminding him to value what he possesses and that is what was making him so restless when it comes to Manvi. He couldn't let her go, he could not bear any more of her denial and he certainly could not witness her helplessness and disappointment.