Chapter 17

Manvi sighed deeply as she stretched her arms and looked around the classroom, finding it difficult to concentrate on her studies as her mind was completely immersed with Virat's thoughts... he was completely recovered and healthy now, he had even started going back to office...everything was fine one would say but that wasn't the truth..., her mind said that he was just occupied because of the two months break he had to take, however her heart refused to agree... he seemed lost and sometimes trapped... he was trying too hard and it was clear with everything he was doing, Manvi knows that she gets on to his nerves most of the time when she calls him while he was in the office... Manvi knows that Virat hates it when she blabbers about everything and anything at night... Manvi knows that he hates it when she probes too much about his matters... she knows that she was overdoing but it was all intentional... Manvi wants him to react, speak, scold anything but stop trying so much, stop pushing himself so much and mostly stop being something which he is not... She couldn't take it anymore... it was hard... so hard that it hurts just to be in her place.

Manvi walked out of the class as the bell rang indicating her that she was free to go, she didn't look or smile at anyone who was passing by, Pooja was absent and she thanked God for that... whatever she was going to do now was not something Pooja would accept of.

It was almost 4 in the evening and the roads were busy as usual when she took a cab to his office, she just hoped that she will be successful in avoiding Dada ji and Viren bhaiya while walking towards the receptionist who was engaged in a phone call.

"Can I help you maam?" the girl who seemed to be a bit elder to her smiled interrupting her thoughts,

"Can I see Vi... umm... Mr.Virat Vadhera?"

"But maam, you should have an appointment to meet sir and he is in a meeting now,"

"I understand but..." Manvi was going to continue when she heard few voices very familiar to her, she closed her eyes praying... she really didn't want to get caught... What was she going to say if Dada ji or Viren bhaiya asked what she was doing here at this time? The voices faded and she released a breath of relief and looked at the girl, who was not looking at her but something behind her,

"Sorry I was saying..."

"Manvi?"

Manvi stiffened as she felt his presence behind her, his familiar and musky perfume making her senses go haywire, she hated his surprise acts as it made her extremely jumpy and this wasn't the time to be nervous, and why was he standing so close to her?' her unvoiced question was answered when she heard dada ji speaking to someone, Manvi realized that Virat was covering her presence by standing behind her. She gulped and looked at the receptionist who was staring at them confused and Manvi cursed her luck for putting herself in such an embarrassing situation.

Manvi felt her hand being gripped then pulled before she could say or do anything and she was standing in a room, it all happened so fast that she was feeling giddy, Virat closed the door and stood in front of her, trying to control his anger, of course.

"What are you doing here Manvi?" He asked, trying to cover his anger by acting surprised, reminding her of the task of dropping in here,

"I just wanted to see you..." Manvi tried to act casual, that seemed to have angered him as he moved closer to her, his fists tight,

Manvi raised her gaze as Virat tried hard to conceal his emotions, he was avoiding looking at her by looking around and that was when she noticed the surrounding, they were standing in the middle of the room, where there were many shelves dumped with files around them, it was dimly lit and looked a bit shabby. Her gaze moved to Virat who was now looking at her sharply, maybe trying to comprehend the reason behind her visit,