Chapter 34

Virat looked at Manvi who was frowning. Virat was angry too, he had stayed away, given her the needed space so that she could concentrate on her studies and do well in her exams, but now it was all over, she didn't have any college to attend, she didn't have to go for group studies. That was the only reason why he was being adamant about taking her away for a day, alone, just the two of them.

"But Virat ji we will be going out with the family soon na," Manvi tried to persuade him, but Virat didn't budge, keeping his face straight and serious.

"I already told my friends that I would join them," she pouted her lips, trying to hold his hand.

"You are not coming then..." he was about to turn and walk away.

"Please..." she pleaded, holding onto him. "Just two days, I'll be back just like that..."

"Just two days? Just?" he couldn't believe that it was just' for her. "I'll be waiting for you tomorrow... right here," he detached her hold and walked away, leaving Manvi to brood over the dilemma he had put her in.

...

Virat was restless, He didn't have any idea of what was in Manvi's mind, he didn't know if she would put away all her plans and come with him. He didn't know what he was going to say if his mother asks about their day out, he didn't know what he will tell Prakash uncle who was excited about sending them on a picnic... as much as he was worried about all of it, he knew he could manage the situation, what bothered him the most was not being able to get that opportunity to spend his day with her, he had missed talking to her, missed looking at her, missed being with her, missed everything about her... the last three months had taken all his patience to keep himself away from her. He had immersed himself in work, travelled out of city, he had done everything possible to distract his mind but all his efforts were a waste, there was not even a minute where his mind was away from her thoughts and now he wanted nothing but to take her away from this world and lock her in his world, just for him.

Waiting for her to come, that few minutes which he stood there in the garden with a mild breeze ruffling his hair, his nostrils filled with the fragrance of fresh flowers, he was nowhere near feeling relaxed' or even feeling fresh', he couldn't even stay idle in the same place for a moment. Something in him said that he should carry her forcefully to the car, but he knew that it would only spoil whatever he had managed to assemble so far... their life, the moments they spent, the progress their relationship had made, everything.

Virat passed his hand through his hair, taking it to a tight fist and pulling it back. He was standing by the car when he heard that soft music of her anklet, he released his tousled hair and turned to look at Manvi, who was dressed in a pink and white chulidar with a white dupatta hanging loosely around her shoulder. She was walking towards the car but had no intension in meeting his gaze.

...

Manvi knew that she will not be able to stay silent for too long as they drove away from their house. He didn't fuss over her being silent and she couldn't exactly point out his mood, but she decided to not to care, she had to give up on so many things to make it to this journey, she had spent hours persuading her batch mates to go on the trip without her, Pooja wasn't going because of her and Rohan was heartbroken about not having Pooja and her. Manvi had wanted to do something to bring them together and there could be no other better opportunity than this trip, but she was helpless, she had to let it go and she was angry with Virat for putting her in that situation. She wanted to go with her friends, true but that doesn't mean that she didn't miss him or didn't want to spend time with him, she wanted to but she also wanted to spend these last few days of her college days with her friends, they are important for her too.