Chapter 36

"Truly bad luck then, you have missed her anyway..." Manvi gaped at Virat as soon as he came forward and uttered those words straight on Adhi's face while pulling her to him possessively. His arm was tight and strong around her, his body warm and trembling under her palm.

It was only Adhi's laugh which broke her trance, Manvi closed her gaping mouth and turned to look at Adhi as if he was crazy.

"True..." Adhi replied, but he wasn't looking at either of them, his eyes and mind were totally on something else behind them... Manvi didn't reply when he excused and walked pass them, she was totally astonished with Virat's reaction to the situation, what she expected was him to blow up everything with his anger or simply walk away and avoid her for days and weeks... his instant reaction to the situation was too much for her to absorb, this was a totally new side which she witnessed today and she wandered what more awaited her in the future.

She squirmed and escaped his hold when she saw Viren and Jeevika approaching them, feeling embarrassed to be in an embrace with Virat in front of them, she noticed Virat stiffen but was left wondering when he didn't say anything or even look at her.

--------------------------------------------------

Manvi leaned onto the pillar as she gazed at the scene in front of her, the pool area wasn't empty anymore, and there were couples who were scattered around, few young and few old but couples nevertheless... It could be seen, when two people were in love it could be seen in everything they do, everything about them shows how much they love each other... It wasn't just the couples but it was also the sun which was making the ambience romantic... the orang-ish sky, the reflection of the soft rays gave a different glow to the place, soon the darkness would completely engulf the place and they would be forced to bring the presence of artificial light to save themselves from the darkness, but a man has to do what he ought to do. Right?

Manvi's gaze fell on Adhi who was strumming a guitar, obviously to impress the young lady who was checking the arrangements of the evening party they have arranged to entertain the guests, what made Manvi chuckle was that none of his advances seems to be working with her. Poor Adhi...' she muttered to herself.

She rubbed her arms to keep herself warm, the evening breeze was too chilly for her to bear, she wondered for how long were they planning to stay, and looked around searching for others and that was when she noticed Viren bhaiya and Adhi stuffing the guitar into Virat's hand who was shaking his head continuously, refusing she guessed.

Jeevika who approached her smiled and then grabbed her hand,

"Chalo... we were asking Virat to play the guitar, Viren ji was telling that he used to sing when he was in high-school," Manvi didn't refuse but let Jeevika drag her to the others.

"Look Virat, ab not for us but dedicate a song for Manvi at least, I am sure she must have never heard you sing..." Viren looked at Manvi, pleading her silently to encourage Virat who was giving excuses about being out of touch with music,

Manvi realized Viren's intentions... however she didn't feel like telling Virat to do anything, he was still a mystery for her... he had proved that to her earlier today, so it wasn't a shock for her when he finally gave up refusing and tucked the guitar in his arm, there were no hesitations or anything as such while strumming the guitar to adjust it according to his comfort.

The surrounding became silent as most of their attention turned to Virat, two couples encouraged few others to join them to dance and Viren and Jeevika who were about to settle were dragged to the dancing corner too, Manvi had all her eyes for Virat when he joined the others who had few musical instruments with them, he was offered to sit in the middle while the others surrounded him.