Chapter 11

Virat hated it, he hated falling asleep because of all the dreams or he could say nightmares he was seeing, each and every dream of his were so intense and long that he felt like that he was not just dreaming but living each and every moment of it, the doctor had said that it would reduce but he couldn't wait till that, it was something utterly torturous to go through, It has been two days since he had seen that dream but he still shuddered at the mere thought of it, true he didn't love Manvi, but he couldn't bear to lose Manvi just like he lost his first love few years back, even thinking of it was unnerving. Virat closed his eyes and the image of Manvi crying and screaming for help flashed, she was begging for one moment and then was cursing him in the other, it was horrendous, he knew it was just a hallucination but every word of hers felt like a stab for him, she was pleading to free her from the agony, then she was suddenly saying how much she loves him and how much he had hurt her, then she would curse saying that he would never be free of the guilt he was wallowing in, then she would suddenly scream as if she was in some unbearable pain and then vanish out of his sight, the pain he felt at that moment was so deep that he will never be able to explain it with plain words. And seeing Manvi closer to him just after he woke up he wanted nothing but pull her closer to him and never leg go, Virat himself was amazed at how much of a restlessness he felt, he realized that he might not love her but he would never be able to live without her, he was so accustomed to her attention, to her love and care that his life was nothing without her, the knowledge of him being so important to someone other than his family was overwhelming, so pleasurable that he wanted nothing but the affirmation of her presence, her love and her care at that moment, No not for that particular moment but he wanted to make Manvi his forever... he realized how difficult it was for him to let her go away from him, he had wanted it all along, he really did want her to go away but it was easy said than done, he was being selfish, egotistical and even heartless like she had said earlier, but he didn't mind, he wanted her in his life and nothing else mattered.

...

The atmosphere in Chaudary house was very different from their normal days, it was all silent and gloomy as Prakash sat in the hall lost in his thoughts while Padmini was preparing breakfast, Manvi was silently crying in the room as she reminisced the happenings two days back, she didn't expect her mother to react this way when she witnessed her moment with Virat in the hospital, Virat was in a deep sleep, while she was listening to his slow breath. His hold on her hand was so heartwarming that she didn't want to leave it, she had wanted him to accept her love for so long, she had wanted him to understand her feeling all along, but now when he did, she was feeling scared and apprehensive about accepting this new phase in her life, Was it normal?, or was she going mad because of what was happening in her life? She didn't understand... She was so confused that she lost track of time and the possibility of someone coming into the room, And then happened what she least expected, her mother entered the room with Swamini and witnessed her leaning on Virat who was completely clueless and lost in his deep slumber. Her mother was so furious that she didn't even stop to listen to Swamini who was trying to make the situation less awkward, She had come straight to her and pulled her up by holding her elbow and dragged her all throughout the hospital till the car without a pause, Manvi was terrified looking at her mother's rage, she had never seen her mother so angry, so impulsive and hurt... her father, who was waiting for them to come was shocked seeing Padmini and Manvi in such state but was sensible enough to not to question Padmini till they reached home.

"Manvi, go to your room," her mama had said as soon as they reached home, her voice was so harsh that Manvi couldn't stop herself from crying and running to the room,

Those were the only words her mother had spoken to her since the last two days, and all Manvi's efforts of talking was avoided, Padmini had even stopped looking at her face and Manvi was completely wrecked with the turnings in her life.