Chapter 28

Virat was walking but he didn't know where he was going, he didn't know where his legs were leading him to.

Abhijeet looked at Virat who was clearly broken but didn't understand why he left in the first place, the way he reacted to the news... his appearance and emotional state it all clearly said that he loved and cared for Roshni.

Abhijeet stopped and looked at the two adults who were seated outside the room, there face covered with guilt. They have been like this for the last few days now,

"Virat, why are you standing there, come on," Abhi tugged him by his arm, but he stayed tranquil while staring at the white plain door, Abhijeet sighed there was no time for this', Abhijeet dragged Virat by his arm and entered the room, Roshni was the same as yesterday, this was the second time she had attempted suicide , she was admitted in the hospital few days back for cutting herself and that was when her family and friends got to know about her self-mutilation. The words started spreading like fire, she was a popular girl in their society and that is how he had thought of visiting her. She had been begging him to find Virat and bring him to her and Abhijeet had no heart to refuse her looking at the condition she was in. He tried approaching Virat from that time but was unsuccessful, he had said that to her, she begged him to not to give up and that she needed to see Virat. Abhijeet didn't want to give her false hope but he had said that he would try... and later had found Roshni struggling to breath amidst of a pool of blood just when he came back to tell her that he had contacted Viren and had also managed to find about Virat's whereabouts.

He still didn't know why she was so depressed or why she was cutting herself... or even why she had an intentional overdose which led her to such situation... what all he knew was that she was in a relationship with Virat and her life had changed totally after Virat left. Almost all of her friends blamed Virat for her condition but Abhijeet knew he wasn't at fault because he saw how broken and distressed Virat was when he left.

Abhijeet made Virat sit on the chair next to the bed where Roshni was laying, he knew Virat needed some privacy but he was worried looking at both of them, he wished there would be a miracle and Roshni would be fine again.

It was few minutes now and there were no signs of Roshni waking up, the machines sequential beep and her steady breathing were the only things which gave them the hope they needed. Virat was still staring at her like this was a dream and he was just a viewer. Abhijeet stood in the corner of a room as Roshni's mother cried silently... her father was plain tensed... and a nurse recording her condition after every few minutes... then came the moment which changed the whole atmosphere, Roshni's breath fastened and her eyes fluttered open, her mother approached her in a moment to hold Roshni's hand but she shrugged it off, trying to talk but having difficulty to breath, her father walked closer too but wasn't ready to approach her... and Virat who was sitting rigid was now starting to panic.

"Vi..rat..." Again it was the first word Roshni uttered and Virat closed his eyes briefly... Abhijeet who understood Virat's distress pushed him forward, giving the push Virat needed to move closer to Roshni... "I am.." she breathed in and out her, her chest rising and falling, "I... am.. so..rry..." she was in a hurry to speak, it looked as she wanted to say what she wants to before it was too late... "I lo...ve you," she held her hand forward, her body so weak one could rarely notice her action, but Virat didn't hold it he was just in panic, it looked as if he didn't want to believe what was happening, Roshni's pale face was now starting to drench with tears, half of her face was covered with bandages but anyone could notice how weak and fragile she looked. The doctors rushed to her aid and moved all of them out of their way along with Virat, but Roshni didn't stop speaking, her voice weak but urgent, "Virat... te..ll me you... love me..." She begged, the doctors tried to make her wear the mask but she was continuously pushing it away... desperate to let Virat know how much she loved him. She continued to utter incoherent words and the doctors let Virat move forward understanding what she needed, they injected the needed dose but it was of no use as she reached out but Virat refused to hold her hand... Her hand dropped and the machine beeped along with her mother's dreadful cry.