Chapter 46

Manvi was looking at Viren who was busy noting down something, he sensed her annoyance and gave her a guilty nod, then signaled her to move forward, 'should never come out with Viren bhaiya...' Manvi thought as she looked around the hall she was standing on, she knew this place as she had come here once, but it was so different from then to now, the whole place was changed and she had no idea what she was going to do, go to Virat's cabin or just wait for the brothers to finish their work and fetch her, that way she could avoid the chances of being alone with Virat and also get some time to calm her nerves, as much as she wanted to see him she also wanted to hide away, has she actually forgiven him? She wondered, and then chided herself for trying to hold a grudge against him. She loved him, needed him... and she knew she could not live without him, so there was nothing else to worry about.

Virat was tired and frustrated when he sipped the coffee, the bitterness which normally reduced his stress was nothing but a annoyance for him, he had enough of all whatever he was doing in the office, his staff had gone crazy, they no longer knew to do something right, he didn't have any patience in him to endure their blunders any longer, one mistake from another person he was sure that he would fire them then and there.

He threw the file away and stood up with so much force that everyone around him held their breath,

"Just get out of my cabin, I don't want to go through any of those files.." he tried his best to keep his anger under control as he spoke,

"But sir," His secretary who had recently joined tried to oppose but was hushed just with the look he gave, he was looking so intimidating that she made no effort to look up as she walked out of the cabin with her peers.

No one spoke as Virat dashed through the door to enter the conference hall where they are supposed to have a meeting the next day.

It was only after about ten minutes he had screamed for Manoj, the Assistant Manager. Only to be subjected to his wrath.

"What the hell is this?" He banged on the table and threw the file on Manoj's direction. "I had asked you to set the files with the blue prints and a copy of the contract we are to sign, and what have you kept here..." he paused as he picked up the paper, holding in front of Manoj's face who was looking down, "The minutes of our last meeting? Pagal ho gaye ho tum sab" he roared, "I need this... all this files set properly now!" he ordered and held his head with frustration. There was no way that he was going to be successful with the meeting tomorrow; there was no way that he was going to convince his client with his new plan. That single thought made him so restless that he couldn't stay in one place any longer, he didn't know where he was walking but didn't stop until he banged on someone with so much force that the person would have fallen down the stairs if not for his tight grip.

Manvi was descending the stairs as she was instructed by Viren bhaiya who didn't let her sit in peace in the lounge, he was adamant on her going to Virat, she huffed as she tried to fish in her phone which she forgot even existed, she was planning to call Pooh, she shook her head frustratingly and was elated when her fingers felt her phone, she was about to pull it out when she knocked onto something hard and moving as she felt herself dropping her bag and moving sideways towards the wall, she was so shocked that she didn't even have the time to scream or even hold onto something, her heart almost stopped when she lost her balance and her foot slipped on the tiled steps, there was a piercing pain on her ankle and she was about to touch the ground when she sensed his touch, she closed her eyes as the intense pain got into her along with the sudden jerk.

When Virat forwarded his hand to hold the person who was falling he didn't know that it was no one else but Manvi, he looked at her inert form laying in his arms and felt his hand tremble underneath her.