Chapter 22

Virat knew he had to stop, but he couldn't. He was feeling intoxicated with the feel of touching her and being touched by her, he pulled Manvi closer to him as he continued to shower her neck and throat with fluffy kisses... the way she was holding on to him was making him desire for more, the way her body reacted to his touch was nothing but an encouragement for him to carry on with what he was doing, her breath hitched when he nibbled on her delicate skin, Manvi was now half laying and he was completely positioned on top of her, she muttered his name while he caressed her waist, burning her skin underneath the fabric.

Virat looked up, his face a haze as she tried to look at him but that is when the moment turned more zealous than it already was, he craned his neck and captured her plump and inviting lips in a lock which took her breath away for the next few minutes.

...

Manvi snuggled her face more into the pillow as she tried to block the light, she was tired and wanted to sleep more, but her eyes refused to stay closed and fluttered open. She looked around and that was when everything slowly started kicking in, her heart beat raced when she felt his hold on her, tight and possessive, demanding yet safe. There was plenty of happiness but a small fear of getting caught, she turned her head slowly only to witness his sleeping face barely an inch away from hers, and her crazy heart thudded again, so loud she felt that his sleep would get disturbed because of the noise. Manvi gulped and gazed at his messy hair which was falling on his forehead, and his slightly grown beard standing erect, making her want to run her fingers on it, she felt her face flush when she remembered their moment last night, she had never experienced such feeling before, nervous and excited at the same time. The kiss they shared... so magical. The person she had been yearning to be held by did not just hold her but made her go on a rollercoaster of emotions in just few minutes and with just few kisses. She would have given herself up to him yesterday, given everything she had wanted only for him to have but he was Virat, her Virat ji who had that in him to stop and carry her to the bed then just hold her till they finally fell asleep.

He was a mystery; the deeper you go the harder it gets to understand him. The Virat she had known till he came back was totally different from the Virat she was seeing now, the Virat Vanshika aunty had talked about was totally different from the Virat who was sleeping next to her. She knew people change... But can they change so much that their own mother fails to understand and give them what they need? Did she change so much? No one was there to answer her questions and she diverted her attention to Virat again, his face looked so serene that no one will have the heart to wake him up, she looked around and noticed that it was six already... the Sun was starting to spread its warmth and others would be up in no time, they all had been having a great time last night but haven't invited Virat or her to join them, did they also know that they were going through a rough patch yesterday? Was it so obvious? Was she going to bring Virat closer to them or was she growing apart from them? She needed to sort it out, she needed to be with them and also with Virat... and that will be possible if she manages to let Virat know that she wanted to proceed with the engagement, but how was she going to do that?

Virat was starting to wake up, last night's happening still afresh in his mind, but for a moment, just for split, he remembered Rosh, he remembered how she never waited for him to wake up to leave the house, how she slips away without his knowledge during the night and his heart ached, he didn't want to open his eyes.

Manvi who was thinking over everything sensed his movement, she looked at his face which was now different, the calmness was nowhere to be seen and the frown was already paving its way through those lines on his forehead, her hand instantly moved towards his forehead to smoothen the lines of worry, all the while moving those strands of hair away from his temple. Virat opened his eyes and she bit her tongue inaudibly.