Chapter 24

He had said it, said those three words to Manvi and she knew that it wasn't her hallucination.

"I love you..." it still rung in her ears, Manvi looked at Virat, he was rigid, eyes still closed and standing close to her, but not with the same intensity.

This was the moment where all the guilt he had forgotten came flooding back, he had said those words to Manvi, those words which he had for Roshni only, those words which he wanted to have for Roshni only.

Virat moved back, his head bent and heart heavy with guilt, guilt of snatching something which belonged to Roshni from her and walked away not even sparing a look to the person who was standing there in front of him.

Manvi stood there looking at him walk away, she was too tangled in her own dilemma to understand him, she felt stranded... left out and rejected... his words meant nothing to her, he was not happy and she felt extremely distressed.

_____________________________________

They returned to Delhi the next morning, it was time to get back to their routine but just until the coming weekend. The wedding functions were on tow after the engagement and the ladies were already in it. Dates for all the functions were decided and shopping was done, Manvi was left alone to complete her college work as she was expected to be home a day before her engagement.

It was Thursday already and neither Manvi nor Virat spoke to each other after that incident, Manvi was adamant on her decision and she refused to take the first step to talk to him.

"Manvi... so you won't be coming to college tomorrow?" Pooja asked,

"No... mama's order, she has said that I should be home the whole day,"

"Okay... I understand what aunty is trying to say..."

"I always think that you should have been my mama's daughter you know... I don't know what you see in her demands,"

"Chup karo, and tell me..." Pooja was cut short as Rohan greeted both of them,

"Hey girls," he smiled cheekily,

"Who are you?" Manvi asked, "And why are you sitting here with us? We don't know you and we don't like talking to strangers," Manvi retorted, angry with him for disappearing.

"You leave it, Pooja you know who I am right?" He asked Pooja expectantly, trapping her; she looked at the two, who were now frowning at her,

"Umm... I'm getting late... I'll see you two later," she ran away before they could trap her again,

"I can't believe she refused to support me," Manvi was shocked,

"Haan but she didn't support me too," Rohan took Pooja's side,

"But she has never done that... she won't even think before taking my side, even when I am wrong, she didn't want to choose me over you, what did you do to her?" Manvi blamed Rohan,

"What can I possibly do to her Manvi, stop being stupid and come with me to the canteen I am hungry..." Rohan dragged Manvi to the canteen but she couldn't still accept that Pooja refused to support her,

They were having their breakfast silently, Manvi lost in her own thoughts and Rohan gazing at her occasionally,

"You know, when I joined this college," Rohan started,

"Haan you were a total flirt,"

"No I wasn't..." He protested,

"Yes you were, you used to have that flirty smile, girls were all lattoo on you but then they were wise to not to fall in your trap,"